Jaime Lannister- Knight (c)

As the youngest of four siblings, you had been expected to look up to your older sister but instead your eldest brother had become your idol from as early as you could remember. No matter what Jaime did, you wanted to do the same. At first your family thought it was seen as something cute, but it became almost shameful when you aged and turned your back onto all of the feminine pursuits your family expected of you.

You didn't care what your family thought of you. It was mainly Cersei and your father who had issues and seen as they seemed to find a fault in everything in your life, you preferred to be happy than conform to whatever they expected from you. Jaime became a knight and worked his way up to being Lord Commander of the Kingsguard and by the time he had returned home, you had your heart set on being a knight as well.

Every moment that you had free from the classes and formal arrangements that were expected by your father, you were outside with one of Jaime's old swords, practicing how to fight. You had researched everything you could about becoming a knight and even if you didn't see one mention of a woman becoming one, you weren't disheartened.

You were out sparring with a dummy when your older brother arrived back home after being away for months for his noble station.

"Does father know you are playing dress up?" Jaime laughed, gesturing to the old pieces of armour that you had done your best to put together to suit you in your practicing.

"He will not buy me my own armour, so I have to wear what I can find," you shrugged, lowering your sword back into its sheath.

Jaime dismounted his horse and shook his head at you.

"Now why would father buy you armour?" He questioned. "Would a gown not suit you better?"

"When was the last time you saw a knight in a gown?"

Your brother laughed at the sound of the word knight, knowing straight away that you had ambitions to become one, simply because that was where he had let his life lead.

"You aren't going to be a knight."

"Watch me."

You smirked at your older brother and decided to prove yourself to him. You weren't the most competent fighter, but you had seen your brother practicing along with other knights and you were doing your best to mimic what you had seen. With him observing you, you pummelled the dummy before you, keeping a perfect stance and moving as gracefully and swiftly as you could. Once you stopped, your turned back to your brother, who looked somewhat impressed.

"Not bad, for a little girl," he chuckled.

"I'd be better if I had a professional teaching me, say the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard?"

He rolled his eyes. "Fine, but if father asks any questions, I am blaming it all on you."

"Deal."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.