Podrick Payne- Blueberry (c)

Since you had first met Podrick, you knew that you would get along very well. You had a lot in common, one of which was a lack of social skills, meaning that any time you spent together was often filled with you both stumbling over your words and feeling a huge sense of embarrassment. Even if you ended up red faced and unable to speak clearly to one another, but you did look forward to anytime you could spend with him, only growing fonder of him every day.

You had been sat outside, eating a small bundle of blueberries that you had had wrapped in cloth as part of your lunch, when Podrick had been walking past and given you a warm smile. The two of you exchanged pleasantries before he asked if you wanted to join him for a walk, which he had originally intended to take alone. You happily agreed, continuing to pick at the blueberries in your hand as you walk with him.

The two of you continued to walk together, only exchanging small talk for a short while until you reached somewhere that you felt you could take a break before you would continue on walking.

Podrick cleared his throat gaining your attention once again, but seeing you turn to him only made his face become redder as he struggled to get the words past the tip of his tongue. You tried to offer him a reassuring smile, but you knew it would look as equally pained as his expression as you feared what he was going to say to you, hoping desperately it wouldn't be going against your fondness for him.

"I... urm wanted... I wanted to say... that you... well... you look lovely," he said his words struggling to form into coherency.

Your cheeks became rosier. "Thank you."

"I was glad to see you today," he said. "Well... I'm always glad to see you... I didn't know if I would ever say... well I don't know if I can... but I... well we... well there's not a we... I'd like there to be though... only if you wanted to... but I understand if not... as I appreciate our friendship..."

No real point came out of Podrick's words as he struggled to get his thoughts to make sense or come out in any manner that worked in the way that he would like. You understood the struggle of your mind and mouth not lining up and you just wanted to make him happy and to remove the stress from him, but you didn't know how to at first. Without thinking you held out your hand to him.

"Blueberry?"

The panic instantly drained from his face as the worried thoughts disappeared as he had to turn his attention to your offer of blueberries. He smiled at you, a silent thank you in his eyes.

"Absolutely."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.