Sansa Stark- Window (a)

"I can't believe the snowfall this year." Sansa said as she gazed out onto the blanket of angelic whiteness that seemed to almost cap even the tallest of the trees that sat in the nearby forest. "So many plans laid to waste, you would think that Winterfell of all places would have measures against this sort of thing." Her fingers grasped tightly onto the shimmery blanket as she pulled it up to her chin and over your back, the silky fox fur settling lightly over your close bodies. Clearly the crackling, spitting fire that sat alight on the far wall was not enough to keep these stony keep walls warm.

"I'm sure it will clear soon, if not by itself I know that most folk here can't go long without a hunting trip, and even less without a feast." Sansa giggled and clasped her hand around yours as her eyes darted between the swirling snowflakes. "I'm grateful that we have at least a few more days before I have to leave again."

"In that case I hope the snow never clears." It was rare to have moments like these; you and Sansa knew that you were both risking you're lives by going behind Ramsay's back but it was worth it for the few precious moments of seeing Sansa forget about her time with that belligerent fool. You tried to pull yourself away for just a moment but she pulled you in closer.

"Where are you going?" She asked, her eyes had peeled from the ornate glass and were now staring deeply into yours. "You aren't leaving already are you?"

"Of course not." You brushed her hair from her forehead and gently placed your cold lips onto the space you had created. "I just need to put another log onto the fire." You pointed over to the slowly dwindling flame that had been neglected in what you realised had been the few hours that you had been looking down from the window. "How long have we been here?" You asked nervously, her mouth dropped as she tried to find the sun through the thick snowfall.

"It must be... at least three hours since we settled. Ramsay will be looking for me, we need to go now." She kicked the blanket from her and drew the lashes of curtains, once she had extinguished the fire the room was left in little but a harsh blackness.

~*~

Written by Aaron.