Jon Snow- Trek (a)

"Hurry up, we need to make it through before nightfall." Jon dredged through the thick layer of snow that had fell on the forest overnight. "We do not want to be caught out here when the sun goes down." As your heavy feet fought against the snow you hiked your strapped bag further up your sore shoulder and wished that the encampment beyond the wall would slowly come into view. "Are you okay with that bag?" Jon asked, his thick cape prancing in the bitter, frosty wind. The plunder from your latest supply run sat a heavy burden on your malnourished body, but you had volunteered to come with Jon so that the rest of the camp could rest.

"Don't worry, I'll be okay. You just keep me safe, and I'll carry the goods." Jon smirked. "It can't be far until we get back anyway, can it?" You asked through deep, exacerbated breaths.

"Do you want the good news or the bad news about that?" Jon turned and waited for you to catch up to him.

"I'll take the bad news first, I'm sure there's a lot of it." He held his arm out, you shook your head but he stood firm until you reluctantly slipped the bag from your shoulders and tossed it over to him. You started to march forward, but he stopped you with a firm arm.

"Do you expect me to do all of the work?" He untied the sheath from his hip and handed it and the ornate sword inside to you.

"Jon, I can't take that, I don't know what to do with it." He ignored you with a strict glare until you took it from his hands and tied it around your waist.

"I have seen you training, I have full trust in you that whatever comes our way you will be able to keep me and the supplies safe." Amongst the cold, harsh wind he still managed to provide a warm, comforting smile. "You know the basics, hit them, don't let them hit you... Oh, and remember to take it out of the sheath or it doesn't work as well." He let you march ahead of him, remarked on the weight of the bag, excited of the supplies you had managed to bring for the camp.

"So what's the good and the bad news?"

"Oh yes... So the bad news is there's still a few miles, it's mostly uphill and I can think of at least one mountain pass that might be blocked by an avalanche."

"But the good news?"

"You get to spend all that terrible time with me."

~*~

Written by Aaron.