Robb Stark- Always There (c)

Although you were the daughter of a nobleman, your father had sent you away from home to live in Winterfell as the ward of Eddard Stark. You didn't really know why, although everyone claimed it was for education but there were also rumours of your father trying to work a marriage between you and one of Lord Stark's sons. If it were true, you were apprehensive although you did hope it would be with the eldest son Robb rather than the other rumour of you possibly marrying Eddard's other ward Theon.

As you were the same age, you spent a lot of your time with Robb, Jon and Theon and got along with them all rather well, specifically with Robb. Theon on the other hand was only pleasant when the other two were there to keep between you. The last son of Greyjoy was known for his way with women and he made it clear that he wanted to have his way with you too. You didn't believe he would do anything untoward until he was left alone with you and attempted to unlace your corset regardless of how you said no. You tried to turn him away and fend him off, but he refused to leave until Robb entered the room to see what was wrong. You attempted to lie and say things were okay, luckily Robb stayed calm until Theon had left the room.

You tried to retie your corset, but your hands shook from your fear.

"Are you okay?" Robb asked, going to gently touch your arm but your flinched away, your skin sore from Theon's rough grip.

The whole time you had spent living in Winterfell, you had always been considered lesser to your three male friends, expected to be the damsel and now that you were quite like one, you needed to prove that you weren't.

"I don't need you to protect me. I can take care of myse-" You tried your best to keep strength in your voice but your words were cut off, not by someone speaking over you but rather the calloused hand of Robb moving to cup your cheek, making you lose your thoughts. You didn't know if it was due to your interest in him or the pleasant contact making you realise how fearful you had felt prior, but you lost whatever words were meant to escape you.

"Too bad. I'm here anyways," he said softly.

Robb moved his hand away from your face, stripping his coat before wrapping it around you. Even a simple kind gesture sent your emotions out of control. Your tears begun to fall, leaving Robb to look rather confused.

"You've always been there when I need you," you croaked. "I truly appreciate it."

He offered you a gentle smile. "I will always be there for you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.