Cersei Lannister- Joffrey (a)

"Do you really trust your son with the entirety of the Seven Kingdoms?" You asked Cersei who was sat with her legs and her hand firmly wrapped around a tall glass of wine.

"Are you doubting my son's ability to lead? It is his blood right, his ableness to lead has been passed down to him through generations it flows through his veins."

"All I was saying, is that maybe he's... a bit immature for the position. There is a certain wisdom that comes with age that proves invaluable to those in power." Cersei raised her eyebrow at you, it took some reassuring that you weren't referring to her and her age.

"There have been leaders younger than Joffrey that have spearheaded wars and expansions that have made the Seven Kingdoms what they are today. Besides, he has my advice and the advice of the small council."

"At the end of the day my Lady, he can have enough advice to last him a lifetime but we all know what happened to poor King Aerys the Second, how your brother killed him?"

"How dare you compare Joffrey to the Mad King."

"I was not comparing them. All I said was that Aerys had the wisdom, the advice, the experience. All he was missing was blood that hadn't been fucked up by incest. A very peculiar thing isn't it, incest? How it can make somebody so... backwards, so twisted." You couldn't help but smirk as her grip on the glass got tighter and tighter.

"Watch your tongue before I rip it out."

"Some people say that they just couldn't see the similarities between King Robert and your boy, go figure, but I can see the link between you and Joffrey, luckily for you he didn't take after his actual father."

The stem of her glass shattered in her hand, the splinters of glass embedding themselves in her flesh yet her fist continued to tighten and tighten until her knuckles ran white, the only colour being specks of red that seeped down her fingers.

"I presume you've seen the head of the traitor?"

"Oh yes, I've seen it all right. I was there when Sir Payne lopped his head off, wonderful display of a just and fair king." Cersei went to retaliate, probably with the glass that had become sprawled on the table but somebody had unfortunately interrupted her, asking for assistance as the King had gotten himself into some kind of trouble.

"Watch yourself. You wouldn't want to be made an example of now, would you?"

~*~

Written by Aaron.