sixty-one ☆ i think i have feelings again

MAY

narrator's pov:

"...corbyn besson and lillian turner!" jamie declared.

"wait, what?!" corbyn and lillian both shouted at the same time.

the entire student body was cheering, and pushing the two to the middle of the dance floor. they were both given a crown to resemble their win as prom king and queen.

"i really can't accept this," lillian denied, giving back the crown.

"aw, look at lillian, she's so modest!" jamie remarked, "you both won fair and square."

it was tradition for the prom king and queen to slow dance in front of everyone, and the dj began to play the music.

i am not the only traveler, who has not repaid his debt. i've been searching for a trail to follow again. take me back to the night we met.

lillian couldn't move. the only thing she was capable of doing was staring into corbyn's eyes with fear and worry in them.

"lily, you know that you have to wrap your arms around me to slow dance, right?" corbyn chuckled, placing his hands on her waist.

the physically contact between corbyn and lillian made her shiver. snapping out of her thoughts, lillian replied, "oh, r-right."

she slowly wrapped her arms around corbyn, and the two awkwardly danced in front of the entire junior and senior classes.

meanwhile, the other eight were smiling at lillian and corbyn.

"our plan worked out!" jack whisper-shouted.

"i can't believe we rigged the ballots just for lillian and corbyn to makeup," charlotte added.

"i'm still kind of mad about this whole plan," zach whined, "i really wanted to be prom king."

"don't worry, zach, we still have senior prom," chloe remarked.

i had all and then most of you, some and now none of you. take me back to the night we met. i don't know what i'm supposed to do, haunted by the ghost of you. take me back to the night we met.

"are you okay, lily pad?" corbyn asked.

lillian was startled once she heard corbyn call her that, "u-um, yeah, i'm fine."

"i know this whole thing is weird," corbyn admitted, "i didn't expect us to win."

"yeah, i was really rooting for chloe and zach to win," lillian responded, slightly smiling.

"no way, i was so team joverly," corbyn disagreed, tilting his head.

lillian laughed. as they continued to dance, she started to feel more comfortable with corbyn. lillian placed her head on his chest, and corbyn pulled her closer.

the song eventually ended, and all of their peers applauded them.

"everyone give it up for lillian turner and corbyn besson!" jamie remarked.

the student body cheered, and began to chant their ship name.

"corbillian! corbillian! corbillian! corbillian!" everyone chanted, jumping up and down.

the dance began to go back to its regular schedule, and the dj started to play some upbeat songs.

"did that just happen?" lillian mumbled to herself, watching her peers run to the middle of the venue to dance.

she kept watching her friends, and couldn't stop staring at corbyn.

lillian, stop. you are not going to fall for him again, lillian convinced herself.

the brunette was going crazy. she couldn't stop thinking about her and corbyn slow-dancing, and all of their memories came flooding back to her brain. she ran her hands through her hair and her breathing was heavy. the only valid decision in her mind was to leave prom.

lillian ran towards the doors, but waverly saw her from the corner of her eye. she followed the brunette, and saw her break down into tears.

"hey, lillian, what's going on?" waverly asked, walking towards the crying girl, "i saw you leave."

"i-i can't be h-here," lillian stuttered, tears flowing from her eyes.

"why not?" waverly questioned.

"i think i have feelings again," lillian admitted, "for corbyn."

"oh," waverly mumbled, "then i get why you don't want to be here anymore."

lillian sighed, "i need to get out of here, and try my best to stay away from corbyn for the next week."

"here, i'll get jonah, and we'll drop you off at your house," waverly suggested, going back inside the prom venue to get her boyfriend.

-

another slow song began to play, and mackenzie sighed. she was sitting at the table, and taking the paper off a vanilla cupcake.

"hey," daniel greeted, "want to dance?"

mackenzie was startled, "oh, s-sure."

daniel clasped onto her hand, and brought mackenzie to the middle of the dance floor, "so, how are you doing?"

"i guess i'm doing okay," mackenzie replied, her arms wrapped around daniel, "what about you?"

daniel shrugged, "i'm pretty regular."

mackenzie nodded, and the two danced in awkward silence. the only factor that kept them connected was that they were staring into each other's ocean eyes.

"uh, mack, i'm still in love with you," daniel confessed, "i never stopped."

mackenzie smiled, "aw, that's nice, daniel."

"wait, what about you? how do you feel?" daniel questioned.

"you're one of the sweetest people i know, daniel, and that's what i like most about you," mackenzie started, "you were my first love, but i still don't think it's our time. i'm not ready to have a boyfriend, and i think i want to focus on other things besides a relationship. my feelings for you will always be part of me, but they're not as strong as they used to be."

"oh," daniel sighed, "even if you don't feel the same way, i still want you in my life. kenz, you're one of the greatest people i know, and i don't want to lose you."

"let's settle for just being friends," mackenzie compromised, "i still want you in my life too."

daniel smiled, "just friends, that can work."

mackenzie squealed, and hugged the blonde boy in front of her, "you're amazing, daniel."

"i can say the same about you," daniel replied, placing his chin on top of mackenzie's head as he wrapped his arms around her.

-

the night began to end, and corbyn was looking around for lillian. he realized he had never talked to her about his feelings, and he didn't want to miss his chance.

"guys, do you know where lily went?" corbyn asked, facing charlotte, jack, and zach, "i've been looking everywhere for her."

"you didn't hear?" charlotte questioned, "lillian left a while ago."

"wait, what?!" corbyn shrieked, "i need to talk to her."

"about what?" zach asked.

corbyn gave zach a dull expression, "you know what i'm talking about."

-

corbs 🌙:
hey

corbs 🌙:
i know i haven't
texted you in a
while, but i really
need to talk to you
read at 10:58pm

...

a / n :

happy thanksgiving, loves! i'm so thankful for all of you, so here's a new update <3