fifty-two ☆ always be our friend

JANUARY

narrator's pov:

the party had ended, and all the guests began to make their way out. after lillian and corbyn broke up, corbyn stayed inside his room for the rest of the party.

"thanks for coming," chloe remarked, escorting out the last person.

as she shut the door, the remaining five exhaled and plopped on corbyn's couch.

"how do we fix this?" jack asked.

"we can't," daniel answered, "only corbyn can fix this, and i don't think lily is in the mood to ever see corbyn again."

"what's this going to do with our friend group?" zach inquired.

everyone shrugged. jonah replied, "i hope it doesn't cut off ties with waverly, charlotte, and mackenzie."

"should we check on corbyn?" chloe asked.

daniel nodded his head, "what's the worst that can happen?"

the five tip-toed upstairs, and made their way into corbyn's bedroom. the blonde boy was wide awake, but his face had no expression even thought there were tears streaming down his eyes.

"corbyn, dude, are you okay?" jack inquired.

"we're here for you, corbyn," jonah added.

corbyn didn't reply.

"do you want us to get you ice cream?" zach offered.

corbyn's head turned to face him and the others, and he nodded, "ch-chocolate and vanilla s-swirl, please?"

"alright, jack and zach stay here, the rest of us will get ice cream," jonah declared.

daniel and chloe followed jonah to his car, and they headed to donna's diner to order corbyn's favorite ice cream.

meanwhile, at lillian's house, the other girls were dealing with the same situation.

"lillian reed turner, please talk to us," charlotte requested, crossing her arms as lillian hid herself under her covers.

"if you talk to us, we'll get you ice cream," waverly offered.

lillian uncovered herself, "what flavor?"

"how does chocolate birthday cake sound?" waverly suggested, smiling.

"okay, fine," lillian agreed.

mackenzie cheered, "waverly and i will get the ice cream, and charlotte will stay here."

-

"we'll have your ice cream ready in five minutes," the lady at the front desk remarked.

jonah, chloe, and daniel stood by the front door, and reflected on everything that happened.

"i really hope this doesn't separate the friend group," chloe sighed.

"i hate to think this, but it probably will," daniel admitted, "corbyn and lillian are the reason why we're all friends. without them being together, we probably would have never spoke to the others at all."

"yeah, but jonah and waverly are together, and you and mackenzie have your thing," chloe mentioned.

"maybe the relationships will stay together, but i doubt we're going to do anything as a group of ten anymore," jonah disagreed.

chloe sulked, "that makes me sad. plus, lily probably hates me since i lied to her."

all of a sudden, the store door bell rang, and in came a redhead and blonde.

"oh my gosh!" chloe remarked, hugging the two girls that walked in, "i thought i'd never see you guys again."

"we go to the same school, chloe," mackenzie laughed, "how's corbyn doing?"

"not well," daniel answered, "what about lily?"

waverly shook her head, "she's a mess."

daniel hugged mackenzie, and jonah hugged waverly as chloe watched, "aw, i love seeing my best friends in love."

"here's your chocolate and  vanilla swirl," the lady remarked, passing jonah a brown bag.

jonah smiled, "thank you."

the three turned around, and said their goodbyes to mackenzie and waverly.

"whatever happens, you guys will always be my friends," chloe assured.

waverly and mackenzie nodded their heads.

"you'll always be our friend too," mackenzie replied, smiling.

...

a / n :

just wanted to put this out there, but this story wasn't meant to be inspired by 'after'. it's funny because i just recently watched the movie on netflix, and i realized how similar my story and the movie is. i love the movie <3