thirty-four ☆ you don't love me?

DECEMBER

narrator's pov:

"let's start with chloe jane habrock," addison fabello declared, pointing at the blonde diagonally across her, "which of the boys are you secretly sleeping with?"

the boys and chloe immediately burst into laughter. chloe answered, "none, they're all my best friends and i grew up with them."

"yeah, but out of all of them, who are you most likely to date?" kacey pollina joined in.

"um, probably zach because he's the only one who's single, or isn't in a complicated state," chloe admitted, looking at the boy next to him.

"we love that for us," zach remarked, high-fiving the blonde.

"yeah, but aren't you dating ethan jalens?" addison asked back.

"yeah, aren't you?" ethan joined in, positioning himself in between chloe and zach.

chloe rolled her eyes.

"alright, how about some never have i ever?" jonah suggested, "never have i ever not had sex before."

zach, jack, waverly, mackenzie, and chloe put down a finger.

"wha— lillian? i didn't know you're not a virgin," corbyn pointed out.

"well, i didn't know that about you either, corbyn," lillian teased.

"never have i ever had a crush on chloe habrock," a student declared.

jonah, corbyn, jack, and daniel each put a finger down.

"oh my gosh," chloe laughed, "you all seriously liked me?"

"it was a little crush, chloe, and we were all pretty young when we did," daniel chuckled.

zach looked down at the water, not invested in the conversation in front of him.

"i guess zachary never liked me, huh?" chloe teased, nudging at zach.

the boys all looked at each other, thinking about the truth of zach's feelings.

"never have i ever had a boyfriend or girlfriend," mackenzie declared.

daniel, charlotte, lillian, and corbyn put down one of their fingers.

"how come jonah, jack, or waverly didn't put down a finger?" a random student asked.

the three looked at each other awkwardly, and waverly spoke up, "well, neither of them formally asked me out."

nobody spoke, so chloe decided to join in, "um, how about some this or that?"

"alright, since you suggested it, you go first," kacey declared, "ethan jalens or zach herron?"

chloe looked at ethan, then looked at zach, "um, i'm not answering that."

"why? you can't choose between your boyfriend and your friend?" addison inquired.

"well, zach's not just my friend. i've known him since we were babies, so i'd obviously pick him," chloe answered.

zach smiled.

"seriously?" ethan scoffed, "you're picking him over your boyfriend?"

"shut up, ethan, you're not my boyfriend! we're not dating," chloe shouted.

acquiring multiple oohs and gasps, kacey changed the subject, "alright, daniel, charlotte or mackenzie?"

mackenzie's head snapped, and she looked at daniel. he looked flustered and uncomfortable, "um, charlotte because she's my g-girlfriend."

charlotte grinned, moving closer to peck her boyfriend on the cheek. awkwardly, daniel and mackenzie made eye contact and were reminded of what happened the night prior.

"alright, jack, truth or dare?" lillian inquired.

"dare," jack replied.

"i dare you to kiss waverly," lillian remarked.

waverly and jack never kissed each other, nor have either experienced their first kiss.

"come on, matts, it's just a kiss," someone brought up.

waverly closed her eyes, and kissed the curly-headed boy. they both smiled, and turned back to face everyone else.

"jonah, truth or dare?" zach asked.

"um, truth," jonah replied.

"is it true that you're over waverly?" zach questioned, tilting his head.

"zach, don't make things more complicated," chloe whispered.

"no, it's fine, chloe," jonah interrupted, "i don't know the answer. i loved waverly even when jack continuously rejected her. i was the happiest when we were talking, and i was so heartbroken when i saw her with jack. why would she want to be with a guy that probably only likes that she loves him? when you're in love with someone, those feelings don't always go away, they stay in the back of your mind. so, zach, my answer is no, i'm not over waverly."

everybody went silent, and tears were slipping down waverly's cheek. she quickly used the water from the hot tub and splashed her face. on the other hand, jack was speechless at what jonah had to say.

"uh, let's go back to never have i ever," addison suggested, changing the subject, "never have i ever loved someone i shouldn't have."

lillian put her finger down, leaving corbyn in a state of confusion. mackenzie and daniel subtly looked at each other, but both put down a finger.

"never have i ever had an intense crush on my best friend," jack declared, eyeing at zach.

zach rolled his eyes, but put down a finger.

"can we go back to truth or dare? i'm getting bored," corbyn whined.

"okay, since you suggested it, you can go," kacey agreed, "truth or dare, corbyn?"

"truth," corbyn remarked.

"is it true that you and lillian love each other?" kacey asked.

"well, obviously, i love lillian with all my heart," corbyn answered, putting his arm around her.

"does lillian love you?" kacey asked back.

"i believe so, right lillian?" corbyn inquired, turning to face the brunette.

lillian couldn't reply. corbyn makes her so happy, but she promised herself that she would never fall in love again.

"u-um, i—" lillian stuttered, getting interrupted by corbyn.

"you don't love me?" corbyn mumbled, pain in his eyes.

"no, corbyn, it's not like that," lillian denied.

the blonde left the hot tub, and walked back inside the hotel.

"corbyn!" lillian called out, following him.

everyone watched lillian run after corbyn, and awkward silence filled the area.

"um, i think we should call it a night," mackenzie suggested, "it was nice hanging out with all of you."

everyone said their goodbyes, and exited the pool area.

meanwhile, corbyn was already in the elevator.

"corbyn!" lillian shouted, sprinting towards him.

by the time she was in front of the elevator, the doors shut close. although, corbyn wasn't heading to his shared room with lillian.

once the brunette made it to the third floor, she went straight for their room. much to her dismay, corbyn wasn't there.

where could he be?, lillian thought.

...

a / n :

did you all REALLY think corbyn and lillian would be safe from drama? if you did, then you're a 🤡.

on the other hand, tons of drama went down in this chapter, and there's still more coming up (: