twenty-five ☆ not the best with secrets

DECEMBER

narrator's pov:

"hey, what time are we all going to the dance? it's in two days," chloe brought up.

"i think six-thirty," jonah replied, "are you guys excited?"

"of course, the food is going to slap," corbyn declared, sitting back in his chair.

"no, i think he's most excited to be with lillian," chloe teased.

"yeah," zach agreed, "you have a little under two months left for the bet, corbyn."

"oh my— ZACH!" jonah groaned.

daniel, corbyn, and jack shook their heads, whereas zach had no idea why they reacted like that, "huh, what did i do wrong?"

"wait, zach, what's the bet?" chloe asked.

"oh, oops, i wasn't supposed to say that out loud," zach mumbled.

"hey, what are you guys not telling me?" chloe huffed, crossing her arms.

"alright, who wants to tell her?" daniel asked.

"not it," jack, corbyn, jonah, and zach declared in unison.

daniel rolled his eyes, "okay, fine. chloe, we made a bet with corbyn, and it was to see if he can make lillian fall in love with him in just three months."

"wait, so everything was just because of a stupid bet? the dates? the cute gestures? everything?" chloe inquired.

"technically," corbyn mumbled.

"hold on, let me get this straight," chloe sighed, "so you don't love lily?"

"n-no, i do love her. i started growing real feelings the past month," corbyn explained.

"when the three months are up, he should be over her by then," jack mentioned.

corbyn nodded, but wasn't sure if he would really be over lillian by that time.

"it's nice that you do love her, but isn't it kind of sad that your relationship only started because of a bet?" chloe questioned.

"that's why she can't know," jonah answered, "and that's why you can't tell her."

"that's also why we didn't tell you at first, chloe. not trying to be rude, but you're not the best with secrets," daniel admitted.

"hey! i can definitely keep secrets," chloe denied, "i never told anyone that you practice kissing on your pillow."

once chloe said that, daniel put his head down, "see, that's what we mean."

"ha, daniel kisses his pillow," zach teased.

"well, she's my best friend, how do you expect me not to tell her?" chloe quizzed, putting her hands on her head.

"for the sake of corbyn, please don't say anything," zach pleaded.

chloe took a deep breath, "alright, i'll try my best. i mean, you guys are really the main people i'll tell anything to, so i guess it won't be that difficult."

-

chloe 💫
@chloejane
i. can't. keep. secrets. i'm. about. to. explode.
12/9/19, 2:58 pm

zach 🚥
@zacharydean
replying to @chloejane
scream. into. your. pillow. it. will. help.
12/9/19, 2:59pm

lottie 💌
@charlottesays
replying to @chloejane and @zacharydean
imagine. knowing. what. you. guys. are. even. talking. about.
12/9/19, 3:02pm
retweeted by @lilyturner, @kenz.simmonss, and @matts.waverly

...