twenty-four ☆ winning touchdown

DECEMBER

narrator's pov:

the football team and cheerleaders were having their final practice before the championship game, and everyone was nervous.

"oh my gosh, championships are tonight. we haven't won in years. what if we don't win? what if the westford football team beats us? we can't lose to westford! they won last year's homecoming game. we can't lose!" chloe rambled, panicking in the locker room.

"chill, chloe, there's still four hours till the championships. our boys have it in the bag," lillian reassured.

-

the riverview high bus arrived at westford high's field, and both football teams began to warmup.

they were many students and faculty either wearing purple to represent riverview, or maroon to represent westford.

"it kind of sucks we have the same school colors as eastford, that's westford's rival school and they lost to them last year at homecoming," waverly informed.

"right!" mackenzie agreed, "we look like rip-off versions of the eastford eagles."

"we are definitely not the rip-offs," lillian scoffed, "come on, let's go scare the other cheer team."

lillian began to do tumbling passes on the track, and the westford cheer team immediately started watching the riverview team.

"oh my gosh, they're really good," a brunette remarked, pointing to lillian as she did a back-handspring.

"man, it's so sad that our captain isn't here," another brunette agreed, "too bad chloe is on vacation."

"you know, sadie, i heard the captain of that cheer team is also named chloe," another brunette joined in.

"huh, weird," sadie replied.

-

"we are dynamite, the ravens are going to win tonight!" the riverview high cheer team chanted.

riverview was winning by only a few points, and the game was getting closer to an end.

"guys, i think we might win!" mackenzie remarked, jumping up and down.

"shhh, don't jinx anything!" charlotte declared, only fifteen seconds left on the clock.

"jack, i'm open!" corbyn shouted.

jack threw him the ball, and corbyn scored the winning touchdown. the buzzer rang, and purple and white confetti began to fall down.

"ugh, we lost," lake groaned, throwing her pom poms on the ground.

"hey, we won homecoming last year," stella mentioned, "now, come on, we have to congratulate the other cheer team."

the riverview and westford cheerleaders all shook hands as the football teams were having their final conversations with their coach.

"hey, i saw you tumbling before. you're really good," sadie complimented, tapping on lillian's shoulder.

"oh, thanks!" lillian replied, "you guys are really good, too."

"aw, you're the sweetest," stella remarked, "oh, we have to go meet our friend violet, she's waiting at the bleachers. nice meeting you guys!"

-

liked by imzachherron, lilyreed, waverlymatts, and 3,618 otherschloehabrock and that's a wrap 💜📣view all 590 comments

chloehabrock and that's a wrap 💜📣
view all 590 comments...
imzachherron natural beauty 😰
          ↳ chloehabrock i love you zach.
corbynbesson took that dubbb 🏈🏈
          ↳ chloehabrock YOUR WINNING
          TOUCHDOWN 🤩🤯
          ↳ jackavery hey i contributed 😤
          ↳ waverlymatts oh yeah you
          passed the football to corbyn
          ↳ jackavery clearly i was the
          most important person through
          that entire play.
load more comments...

...

a / n :

i love you if you noticed the one town away and three months crossover :,)

if you didn't, then here's a little explanation. sadie, stella, and lake attend westford high, which is the school that riverview high competed against during the championships and they also have a friend named violet who attends eastford.

the characters from one town away will not be in the remainder of the story, but i thought it would be fun to do a little crossover. s/o to any of my town away readers (: