twenty-two ☆ lay low on him

DECEMBER

narrator's pov:

liked by lilyreed, jonahmarais, chloehabrock, and 3,109 otherswaverlymatts winter musical today ⛄️view all 527 comments

waverlymatts winter musical today ⛄️
view all 527 comments...
jonahmarais 🥺💞
          ↳ waverlymatts 🥰
charlielyons  no invite?? 😔
          ↳ waverlymatts you were late wym
load more comments...

-

liked by seaveydaniel, charlielyons, jackavery, and 3,077 otherskenzie

kenzie.simmons stop by riverview high school at 6:30pm for our winter musical! admission is $5, and all proceeds go to the riverview high drama club. hope to see you all there ❄️
📸 : lilyreed
view all 499 comments...
seaveydaniel fancy
          ↳ kenzie.simmons very fancy
          schmancy 🥴
lilyreed this photo came out GOOD
          ↳ kenzie.simmons RIGHT
          ↳ seaveydaniel agreed
          ↳ charlielyons ^
load more comments...

-

mackenzie smiled as she read daniel's comments, and put down her phone.

is it bad that i still have a crush on my best friend's practical boyfriend?, she thought.

just as that thought popped in her mind, charlotte walked by where she was sitting, "hey, mack, can i talk to you?"

"yeah, sure, what's up?" mackenzie asked.

"are you and daniel, like, talking? is there something going on between you two?" charlotte inquired.

"no, we're just friends," mackenzie answered, "why do you ask?"

"oh, i was just wondering," charlotte replied, "nevermind, what i was going to say is pretty stupid."

"well, what were you going to say?" mackenzie questioned, tilting her head.

"um, well daniel and i have been going pretty smooth lately, and i think he's going to ask me to be his girlfriend," charlotte declared, "i don't want you to take this the wrong way, but do you think maybe you can lay low on him? you know, just because we might start dating."

"you want me to stop talking to one of my friends?" mackenzie quizzed.

"well, not exactly, i mean maybe just don't talk to him as much as you used to?" charlotte suggested.

"alright, i will, char. whatever makes you happy," mackenzie remarked, putting a smile on her face.

"you're the best," charlotte responded, hugging her best friend.

-

the show ended, and the cast and audience swarmed the cafeteria for refreshments.

"hey, you did great! i'm so proud of you!" corbyn remarked, hugging his girlfriend.

"thanks, corbs," lillian replied.

"oh, and i got you these," corbyn added, pulling out a bouquet of lilies, "i got them because, you know, your name is lily and these are lilies."

lillian smiled, and smelled the flowers, "they're beautiful, corbyn."

"hey, lillian! over here!" a cast member shouted, gesturing to her.

"oh, i'll be back, someone's calling me," lillian said to corbyn, beginning to walk away.

"hey, lily!" corbyn called out, "i love you."

"to the stars and back," she replied.

-

"hey, mack!" daniel called out, waving to the blonde a few feet away from him.

shoot, what do i do? do i ignore him? do i say hello?, mackenzie thought.

before mackenzie could come up with a decision, the ocean eyed boy began to walk towards her.

"that was a great performance," he complimented, going in for a hug.

"i-i'm sorry," mackenzie apologized, dodging the hug, "i think waverly is calling me."

she walked away from daniel as fast as she could, cringing at herself because of their awkward conversation.

"hey, daniel!" charlotte called out.

"oh, hey, char. you guys did awesome in the musical," daniel remarked.

"thanks, dani," charlotte replied, hugging him.

while daniel hugged the brunette, he couldn't keep his eyes off the blonde girl who was walking away from him.

...