forty-nine ☆ if you don't, then i will

DECEMBER

narrator's pov:

corbyn woke up, and looked at his calendar.

december 31st, 2019.

he immediately groaned, and realized what he had to do by midnight. corbyn had to tell lillian the truth, and he wasn't excited. slipping on a white t-shirt and gray sweatpants, the blonde made his way downstairs.

"hey, is it okay if i invite jonah, jack, daniel, chloe, and zach over? they're going to help me set up for the party tonight," corbyn asked his mother.

his mom nodded her head, "your father and i will be out of town visiting your grandparents for new years, so you're in charge."

corbyn nodded his head, and texted his five best friends.

-

the superior sixsome 😤🤡

corbs 🌙:
hey hoes

jack 🥺:
hey ugly

jonah 🍌:
yES bESson

corbs 🌙:
y'all wanna come
over to help me
set up 🙈🙈

zach 🧩:
of course bby

daniboy 🥴:
we're on our
way hottie

chloe🌻:
🤢🤢

chloe 🌻:
anyone wanna
give me a ride lol

jonah 🍌:
we're already
coming by
ur house

chloe 🌻:
you guys know
me so well 🥰

-

the door was unlocked, and the five swarmed into corbyn's house. corbyn and ashley were seated at their kitchen table.

"hey, corbyn," chloe remarked, hugging her best friend.

corbyn smiled, "thanks for coming, guys."

"hey, ashley," jack declared, walking towards corbyn's sister, "i didn't know you'd be here."

"um, this is not going to happen," corbyn stated, pushing jack further away.

"it's okay, corbyn, i don't mind jack," ashley said, shrugging her shoulders.

"well, i do," corbyn scoffed, "you're not allowed down here for the party, ash."

"hey, that's not fair!" ashley complained.

"you're going to make your sister spend new years alone?" jonah asked.

corbyn rolled his eyes, "alright, fine, you can come down when it's five minutes until midnight."

ashley squealed, "yay, this will be my first high school party."

ashley is a sophomore at riverview, but corbyn still treats her as if she's in seventh grade. before she headed back to her room, she quickly kissed jack on his right cheek. once ashley was gone, jack began to scream.

"OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH!" jack shouted, running around corbyn's house, "ASHLEY KISSED MY CHEEK!"

corbyn rolled his eyes, "you are seriously not getting with my sister, avery."

"she's only a few months younger, corbyn, stop hating," jack chuckled, "would you rather have her date me, or some random senior?"

corbyn didn't reply.

"that's what i thought," jack remarked, helping zach assemble the red solo cups.

-

liked by jackavery, lilyreed, corbynbesson, and 927 othersashleymaebesson the face i make when corbyn sends me to my roomview all 583 comments

ashleymaebesson the face i make when corbyn sends me to my room
view all 583 comments...
chloehabrock can't believe he sent you to your room just because you're hot 🥳
          ↳ ashleymaebesson he's just
          salty because i'm the besson with
          the best genetics
          ↳ corbynbesson no.
          ↳ jordan_besson did we all forget
          that i'm part of this family
jackavery 😍😍
          ↳ ashleymaebesson i can say
          the same about you
jackavery might just have to kiss
you at midnight
          ↳ ashleymaebesson might
          just have to kiss you back
          ↳ corbynbesson might just
          have to handcuff jack to me so
          he won't kiss you
          ↳ ashleymaebesson buzzkill 😤
          ↳ jackavery corbyn is no fun
load more comments...

-

"corbyn?" daniel inquired, "can i ask you something?"

"sure," corbyn replied, placing down a bag of cheetos onto the table, "what's up?"

"you have nine hours to tell lily the truth," daniel reminded.

corbyn sighed, "i know."

by this time, the other four had joined their conversation about corbyn and lillian.

"from my experience, you'll never regret being honest," daniel declared, "when charlotte found out about my feelings for mackenzie, it felt like a huge weight off my shoulder. plus, it cleared up a bunch of drama, and charlotte and i are still friends even though we broke up."

"yeah," jack agreed, "not going to lie, but when i saw waverly and jonah together again, i felt a little angry. but, once everything was cleared up, i accepted it all and now i feel much better."

"i just don't want to hurt her," corbyn pointed out, "she was, and still is, so hurt about ethan, and now i'm just going to do the same thing."

"hey, maybe it won't go terrible?" chloe suggested, "maybe she'll understand."

"you have until midnight to tell her, corbyn," daniel stated, "if you don't, then i will."

...