fifty-seven ☆ she said yes

APRIL

narrator's pov:

lillian walked to riverview high school with mackenzie to her left, and it was just another typical wednesday in april.

or so they thought.

as lillian headed towards the quad, there was a huge crowd of students.

"i wonder what's going on," mackenzie mumbled, following lillian to the center of the crowd.

standing there was ethan jalens, and he was holding a poster.

-

you let me take you to COTILLION,
so how does prom sound, LILLIAN ?

-

"what do you say, lily?" ethan asked, "shall we bring back old memories and dance the night away at prom?"

the crowd of students began to whisper and murmur among themselves. even if lillian never publicly spoke about ethan, many rumors were spread and people managed to piece the story together.

"no way," jack mumbled, walking towards the quad with the others.

"what's going on?" corbyn asked, speeding up his pace.

"corbyn!" chloe shouted, "don't look at what's going on."

the blonde girl tried to grab corbyn's arm as an effort to prevent his heart from breaking, but it was too late. he saw ethan asking lillian to prom. corbyn stood there frozen, and couldn't believe his eyes.

please don't say yes, corbyn thought.

at the same time, lillian was contemplating her response. she knew how much ethan affected her, so why would she ever want to be near him again?

although, the words that came out of her mouth were the complete opposite of her thoughts, "y-yes, i'll g-go with you."

ethan cheered, and many of the people watching applauded.

"no, no, no!" corbyn panicked, putting his hands over his face as he walked away from the crowd, "this can't be happening."

"corbyn..." daniel mumbled, "we're here for you."

the blonde boy cried into his own hoodie as the others comforted him.

"whoa... what's going on?" waverly asked, walking towards the other five with jonah.

"ethan asked lily to prom," jack answered, "and she said yes."

"what?" waverly shrieked, "you're lying, jack. there's no way lily would say yes to ethan."

zach gestured to the crowd standing ten feet away, "lillian and ethan are in the center of the crowd. he asked her in front of everyone."

"oh my gosh," waverly sighed, "i can't believe she would say yes. she hates him!"

corbyn stood up, "i'm going home."

the blonde boy picked up his bag, and opened the door to his car.

"corbyn, you can't just leave," daniel sighed.

"watch me," corbyn snapped, rolling up his window as he backed out of the school parking lot.

-

lillian took a deep breath, and walked into the cafeteria. she wasn't ready to face her friends and explain her side of the story. as she placed her books down on the lunch table, waverly asked, "lillian turner, what the hell happened this morning?!"

she sighed, "ethan asked me to prom, and for some reason, i said yes."

charlotte rolled her eyes, "why would you ever say yes to him? you know what he did to you."

"guys, i couldn't help it," lillian replied, "i never thought i'd say this, but i miss corbyn. i miss having someone by my side, and once ethan gave me the tiniest bit of attention this morning, i caved in. i didn't want to say yes, but i still did."

"wait, does this mean you're not over corbyn?" mackenzie asked.

lillian shrugged, "i don't know, maybe? i think i just miss the old him. i miss the corbyn i knew before he told me everything."

-

liked by habrocks

liked by habrocks.tedtalk, waverly._place, noodlelookinhair, and 12 others
imjackfrost you ever just feel like you messed up something so beautiful? like if you spent a long time painting on a canvas and all of a sudden a splatter of red is spread across that amazing piece of art and it gets all messed up? because that's how i feel. she was the art, and the truth was the red paint.
view all 7 comments...
habrocks.tedtalk corbyn ):
charcoalfacemasks i think we all know who this is about 😔
giraffeboy call us
thezachthatsmilesback i know that caption was hella sad, but damn that analogy tho
hoenahscoffeeshop never did i ever thing that zach would know what an "analogy" is
load more comments...

-

liked by imjackfrost, peachyy

liked by imjackfrost, peachyy.simone, ethanjalens, and 9 others
timothyturner you ever just feel like a complete clown? like how you're scared to admit that you do need someone even though they hurt you so bad? because that's how i feel. he's the one i need, but the pain prohibits me from accepting that.
view all 13 comments...
peachyy.simone ily lills
waverly._place ft me
ethanjalens i'm sorry i hurt you in the past, but i really do love you and i mean it <3
charcoalfacemasks STFU THE
          CAPTION IS NOT ABOUT YOU
load more comments...

...