fourteen ☆ out of this world

NOVEMBER

narrator's pov:

"okay, can you help me practice for my presentation?" jonah asked waverly.

"sure," waverly agreed, "just read your slides and i'll tell you my opinion on them."

"alright," jonah replied, opening the tab with his slideshow on his laptop, "a star is an astronomical object that consists of a luminous spheroid of plasma held together by its own gravity."

"the first slide is good, but try to make more eye contact with me," waverly suggested.

jonah nodded his head, "the extreme heat of stars causes them to shine so bright, and that reminds me of how your eyes always seem to sparkle whenever i look at you."

"wait, what?" waverly asked.

he transitioned to the next slide which was decorated with multiple stars and a picture of waverly in the center.

"waverly, i think you are out of this world. will you go to the winter dance with me?" jonah asked, pulling out a bouquet of roses from the inside of his desk.

"of course!" waverly answered, hugging him.

-

"guys, you won't believe what happened today!" waverly squealed, placing her lunch tray in between chloe and lillian.

"what happened?" charlotte asked.

"jonah asked me to the winter dance!" waverly remarked.

"jonah marais, as in your physics partner?" mackenzie inquired.

"the one and only," waverly replied.

"wait, what about jack? don't you still like him?" lillian inquired.

"i don't know," waverly sighed, "i think that i was so infatuated with him, that i never realized there were so many other guys who are just as great."

"that's so awesome, waverly! i ship you guys so much," chloe cheered.

"thank you, that's so relieving coming from one of his best friends," waverly remarked.

"speaking of boys and the dance, corbyn and i are going together," lillian declared.

"wait, what about everything that happened yesterday?" charlotte queried.

"corbyn and i talked last night, and i told him everything. i asked if we could still go together, and he said yes," waverly explained.

"so, you explained the story about—" mackenzie asked, only for her mouth to be covered by lillian's.

chloe looked at the girls, whose heads were all faced down and staring at their food.

what happened to lillian?, chloe thought.

"um, charlotte, how are things with you and daniel?" waverly asked, breaking the silence.

"he's so nice, and being around him always makes me smile," charlotte responded, blushing, "i'm so excited for the dance."

"do you guys talk about the boys a lot? i never really knew that till recently," chloe laughed.

"we do pretty often," waverly chortled, "it must be kind of awkward for us to talk about your best friends all of the time."

"honestly, not really. i like that i have two friend groups now," chloe mentioned.

the girls continued to talk about charlotte and daniel, which made mackenzie feel down.

"so, kenz, i guess you're over pretty boy?" lillian inquired.

"yup, completely over him," mackenzie lied, feeling her voice shake.

-

"i wonder what they're talking about," zach told the boys, watching the girls laugh at their lunch table.

"well, waverly and the others were squealing earlier, so she probably told them all that we're going to the winter dance together," jonah pointed out.

"you asked waverly?" corbyn asked, "i never knew you liked her. i always kind of just saw her as the girl that jack constantly rejected."

"hey, she's a lot more than that," jonah stated, "she's gorgeous, kind, friendly, and always making people laugh."

"you should ask her to be your girlfriend after the dance," zach suggested.

"i'm not taking advice from you, zach. you're too much of a wimp to make any moves," jonah scoffed.

"hey, no i'm not," zach disagreed.

"actually, jonah's right," corbyn pointed out, "we all know you've liked chloe for the longest time, and you don't do anything about it."

"that's not fair, you all act as if you've never liked chloe at least once in your life," zach mocked, rolling his eyes.

"that's true, but at least we all did something about it," corbyn declared, "you're the only one who has never asked her to a dance."

"yes i have," zach denied.

"zach, the kindergarten square dance doesn't count," daniel chuckled, "we're talking about dances like the spring fling, freshman homecoming, things like that."

"okay, maybe i haven't done anything," zach admitted, poking at his food.

"and that is exactly why i took the chance to ask her to the winter dance," jack declared.

"wait, do you actually like her?" zach asked.

"i mean, i don't know, maybe?" jack answered.

"that's not fair, jack, i was going to ask her," zach groaned.

"well, i asked her first," jack bragged.

zach didn't care about middle school, but now that it's junior year, asking someone to a dance is more serious than it was in seventh grade.

the bell for their next period rang, so everyone in the cafeteria threw out the remainders of their lunch, and headed to their next class.

-

lills 🌷:
i forgot to tell u,
but my dress is
peach colored

corbs 🌙:
ok i'll get a
peach tie 😌

-

waverly 🌊:
o btw my dress
is light maroon

jonah 🍌:
okay, i'll send
you a picture
of my tie when
i get it :)

...

a / n :

comment on the pairs that you ship the most! (also please comment better ship name suggestions because mine are terrible)

corbillian [ corbyn + lillian ]

danzie [ daniel + mackenzie ]

charniel [ daniel + charlotte ]

joverly [ jonah + waverly ]

javerly [ jack + waverly ]

jachloe [ jack + chloe ]

zhloe [ zach + chloe ]