three ☆ lily pad

OCTOBER

narrator's pov:

lillian was dreading halloween night. all she planned was to have a girls night with her best friends, but now she is being dragged to a high school party with a boy she is not interested in.

"guys, do you think i can cancel on corbyn? i really don't want to go to that party," lillian sighed, laying her head down on her physics textbook.

"come on, lills, corbyn is so cute and he wants you to be his date. do you know how many girls would love to be his date?" mackenzie asked.

"i keep repeating myself, but i'm not interested in corbyn," lillian groaned.

just as lillian was complaining about corbyn, him and his friends walked into physics class.

"alright, since everybody's here, i have a surprise," mr. frank began, "we are switching seats today."

"what? i like my seat," jack grumbled.

"because i'm the reason why we always get a's in our projects?" chloe teased.

"oh, stop," jack laughed, staring into chloe's hazel eyes.

"if i'm not paired with chloe, i'm going to throw hands," zach mumbled, rolling his eyes as he watched jack and chloe in front of him.

"did you just say that if you're not paired with chloe, then you're going to throw hands?" daniel asked.

"uh, no," zach lied, awkwardly coughing.

"i already created seating arrangements, so don't get your hopes up," mr. frank declared, "jonah with waverly, kayla with fred, ruby with luke, mackenzie with jack, charlotte with daniel, chloe with zach, gianna with seth..."

the students began to move to their new desk partner, and lillian was praying she was not paired with corbyn.

"i'm so glad we're sitting together," zach remarked, hugging his best friend.

"me too, zach," chloe replied, smiling.

"i cannot believe i am stuck with the best friend of the guy who rejected me since freshman year," waverly complained.

"well, waverly, it wasn't necessarily my choice for jack to reject you," jonah mentioned, "but, i don't think he deserves you."

"patricia with eddie, samantha with marcus, and lastly, lillian with corbyn," mr. frank continued.

"you have got to be kidding me," lillian scoffed.

when corbyn heard that him and lillian were paired together, he smirked and sat next to the beautiful brunette.

"so, excited for the party?" corbyn asked.

"um, i might not be able to go," lillian mumbled.

"what? why?" corbyn inquired.

"i feel a little sick," lillian lied.

waverly turned around from her and jonah's shared desk, joining their conversation, "actually, lillian feels fine, and she will be there  wearing an extra hot firefighter costume to match yours."

"oh, shoot, now i'm really excited," corbyn chuckled, caressing lillian's right cheek.

"mr. besson and ms. turner, please stop flirting or i will have to separate you two," mr. frank announced, while the entire class began to laugh and point at the two.

wait, if i try to flirt with corbyn then mr. frank will switch our seats, lillian thought.

"but, mr. frank, corbyn and i just love each other so much, you can't separate us!" lillian remarked, hugging corbyn.

her statement acquired many oohs from the students in their physics class, and mr. frank knew how to deal with it, "alright, if your personal relationship won't get in the way with your schoolwork and my teaching, then you two may sit with each other."

"wait, what?!" lillian shrieked.

"ha, you're still stuck with me, lily pad," corbyn laughed, pulling lillian back down in her seat.

"lily pad? that's a new nickname," lillian pointed out.

-

lillian was at her locker, putting away her notebooks and collecting her next books for her classes after lunch. closing her locker, she jumped as she saw corbyn standing right next to her.

"jeez, corbyn, you scared me," lillian scoffed, walking away from him and going towards the cafeteria.

"hey, where you going?" corbyn asked, putting his arm around her waist.

"to lunch, duh," lillian replied.

corbyn and lillian walked into the cafeteria together, all eyes on them. everyone was staring at riverview high's newest it couple.

corbyn stopped in the middle of the cafeteria, spinning lillian around.

"i'll see you at the party?" corbyn whispered in her ear.

"alright, fine, but you owe me," lillian gave in.

corbyn smiled, and walked to his lunch table, while lillian went to hers.

-

"DID YOU SEE THAT?!" mackenzie squealed.

"yes, mack, i saw it. i also lived it," lillian laughed, eating her sandwich.

"corbyn is so sweet to you, i wish jack was like that," waverly sighed.

"i still wonder why, of all girls, he started acting that way to me? i don't even know him," lillian rambled.

-

"corbyn! since when did you have the hots for lillian turner?" chloe inquired.

all the boys looked at each other, since they all know the truth. corbyn replied, "um, i don't know, she's just really pretty and i wanted to get to know her."

"i ship you guys so hard, and it's perfect! she's on the cheer team, you play football, it's the such an amazing high school love story," chloe remarked.

"y-yeah, it's perfect," corbyn agreed.

...