ten ☆ you're the best

NOVEMBER

narrator's pov:

after cheer practice, mackenzie walked out of the girls locker room with charlotte, lillian, waverly, and chloe. they started walking towards the boys, but charlotte pulled mackenzie back, "hey, can i talk to you?"

"sure," she replied, "what's up?"

"do you still like daniel?" charlotte asked.

"is apple juice made of apples?" mackenzie asked back.

"um, yes?" charlotte responded.

"well, that's your answer," mackenzie laughed.

"oh, okay," charlotte sighed.

"wait, what's wrong?" mackenzie inquired.

"daniel asked me to the winter dance, and i kind of want to say yes," charlotte explained, "but, i'll say no if you don't want me to."

mackenzie was shocked, but she couldn't blame charlotte. it's not her fault that daniel likes her better.

as much as mackenzie may like daniel, she believes that friends always come before guys.

"no, it's fine. in fact, i want you to say yes," mackenzie remarked.

"wait, seriously?" charlotte questioned.

"yeah. it's okay, i'll find my own prince charming one day," mackenzie added, her voice slowly starting to crack.

"so, you're not mad?" charlotte queried.

"not at all," mackenzie answered.

"great, i'm going to go tell daniel," charlotte cheered, hugging her best friend, "you're the best, mack."

mackenzie hugged her back, and watched charlotte and daniel jump up and down once she told him her answer.

"i may be the best to you, but to him, you are," mackenzie whispered to herself, a teardrop rolling down her cheek.

...

a / n :

my poor bb mackenzie ):

[✓] 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐒, 𝚋𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚘𝚗जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें