twenty-seven ☆ i've loved jack for years

DECEMBER

narrator's pov:

chloe walked away from the girls, and took a seat at jack, jonah, daniel, and zach's table, "um, jack, what were you thinking?"

choking on his sugar cookie, jack replied, "what do you mean?"

"telling waverly all those lies," chloe whispered, making sure jonah or the others couldn't hear.

"i-i don't know, okay?" jack stammered.

"everything isn't always about you, jack. think about how waverly and jonah feel," chloe explained, "i believe you'll make the right decision about what to do, but remember to be considerate of waverly and jonah."

he nodded his head.

she said she believes i'd do the correct thing, so i guess that means asking waverly to dance is the right decision, jack thought.

-

the girls headed to the dance floor, but mackenzie stayed behind. as much as she wanted to have fun, she couldn't stop thinking about daniel.

she groaned, banging her head repeatedly on the table.

"you okay?" a familiar voice asked, taking a seat next to her.

"oh, daniel, hey," mackenzie replied, "why aren't you with everyone else?"

"eh, i got kind of tired from dancing," daniel answered, shrugging, "how come you're not with everyone else?"

"i don't know, i'm just thinking about something," mackenzie sighed.

"want to talk about it?" daniel suggested.

"sorry, i can't," mackenzie apologized, "it's confidential information."

"seriously?" daniel laughed, "what can be so secretive that i can't know?"

um, i don't know, maybe the fact that the girl you like told me i can't talk to you as much as i used to?, mackenzie thought.

"i'm sorry, daniel, i have to go," mackenzie remarked, standing up, "i'll see you around, okay?"

daniel nodded his head, and thought to himself, what did i do wrong?

-

waverly heard the specific beats of her favorite song play, and she immediately sprinted to the dance floor from the snacks table, "oh my gosh, they're playing my song!"

white shirt, now red, my bloody nose. sleepin', you're on your tippy-toes.

"creepin', around like no one knows, think you're, so criminal!" waverly sang along, jumping up and down.

the redhead continued to dance and sing along with her friends, not giving a care about what anyone would say. jack smiled as he watched her having the time of her life.

"i'm the bad guy..." the riverview students sang, "... duh!"

jack made his way through the crowd, and managed to dance right next to waverly.