fifty-five ☆ no thanks

FEBRUARY

narrator's pov:

waverly walked into riverview high, and headed straight for her locker. the moment she opened it, something fell out.

"what is this?" waverly mumbled to herself.

there in her hands laid a bouquet of roses.

"oh my gosh," waverly gushed, "jonah! where are you?"

her boyfriend came up from behind, and immediately hugged her, "happy valentine's day, my love."

"you didn't have to, jonah," waverly remarked, "i love you."

"i love you too, waverly," jonah replied, "now, i hope you're free later, because i already planned out a date."

"i'm completely free and all yours," waverly declared, holding jonah's hand as they headed to home economics.

-

daniel, corbyn, and jack sat down at the lunch table, gagging as the two couples interact with each other.

"you're cute," chloe teased, squishing zach's right cheek.

"no, you're cuter," zach disagreed, squishing chloe's left cheek.

"no, you're way cuter," chloe laughed, squishing zach's cheek again.

"okay, we get it, you guys think you're cute," corbyn scoffed.

zach rolled his eyes, "just because you're single doesn't mean you get to be sassy."

"you know, if ashley had the same lunch as us, i'd be all over her," jack huffed.

"valentine's day is kind of sad when you're alone," corbyn mentioned, "plus, if lily and i were still together, i would've done something nice for her."

waverly joined in, "maybe it's not too late?"

"what do you mean?" corbyn asked back.

"just try to do something now, and see what she says," waverly suggested.

jonah handed corbyn a box of chocolates, "go to her table and give this to her."

"alright, i'll do it," corbyn declared, standing up from the table.

meanwhile, lillian, charlotte, and mackenzie were laughing at a joke that lillian remarked. charlotte turned her head, and noticed someone heading towards them, "can someone explain why corbyn besson is walking over to us?"

"no way, he's probably going to buy a bag of doritos," mackenzie scoffed.

the blonde continued walking, and passed the vending machines, "i'd like to speak to lillian."

lillian's head turned, and locked eye contact with corbyn. at that moment, she was immediately reminded of the hurt that corbyn caused her. lillian had been doing her best with moving on, but being near corbyn again put her back at the start. she quickly turned her head away, and tried to fight the tears that were forming in her eyes.

"what do you want, corbyn?" mackenzie asked, crossing her arms.

"to talk to lillian, um, in private?" corbyn requested.

"whatever you say to her, you can say to us," charlotte mentioned.

"well, okay then," corbyn agreed, handing lillian the candy that jonah originally gave him.

"what is that?" charlotte inquired.

"they're chocolates, and they're for lillian," corbyn replied, "happy valentine's day, lily pad. i know i've said this before, but i'm so sorry about everything that happened. i still love you, and i wish we could go back to how things used to be."

lillian took a deep breath before replying to him, "no thanks, corbyn."

she gave the chocolates back, and turned her head again.

"corbyn, i think you should go," mackenzie suggested.

he nodded, and went back to his lunch table.

...

a / n :

i'm not sure if anyone noticed, but the scene when corbyn was walking to lillian's table is the same scene (with a few altered lines) from chapter two when he speaks to her for the first time (: