forty-five ☆ sloppy seconds

DECEMBER

narrator's pov:

"i guess it's safe to assume that we're not going to see them for the rest of the night," charlotte teased, "zach, truth or dare?"

"truth," zach answered.

"from what i've heard... is it true that you talked bad about chloe to ethan jalens?" charlotte inquired.

everyone went silent. nobody knew about what zach did other than himself, and apparently charlotte.

"u-um," zach mumbled.

the blonde girl sitting next to him was immediately confused, "wait what? it's not true, right zach?"

zach couldn't make eye contact with chloe. he was ashamed of what he had done, "i'm sorry."

chloe whispered, "so it's true? you talked bad about me to ethan?"

zach slowly nodded, "chloe, you don't understand. i had reasons."

"you had reasons to talk bad about me?" chloe scoffed, "alright, zach, tell me the valid reasons as to why you did that."

"he's not right for you," zach answered.

chloe rolled her eyes, "you know i hate lies, and that's exactly what you did to me. we're supposed to be best friends, zach."

"i know," zach sighed, "it was messed up of me to do that, and i'm so sorry. you're my best friend, and i shouldn't have done that."

"think again, zach," chloe declared, "you're not my best friend, and i don't know if i can ever see you the same again."

the blonde girl stormed up the stairs, and slammed the door to the guest bedroom.

"crap," zach mumbled, running his hands through his hair.

the remaining seven sat there, reflecting on what just happened between chloe and zach.

"charlotte, why would you ask that?" daniel whispered, "i don't think zach wanted everyone to know."

charlotte shrugged, and averted eye contact, "mackenzie, truth or dare?"

"um, truth," mackenzie answered.

"is it true that you have feelings for daniel?" charlotte inquired.

once again, everyone went silent.

"charlotte!" daniel whisper-shouted, "stop getting in everyone's business."

"well, what's your answer, mackenzie?" charlotte asked again, her head tilting.

mackenzie looked around, and everyone's eyes were on her, "u-um, i'm going to ch-check on chloe."

the blonde ran upstairs, desperate to leave the current situation.

"great," daniel scoffed, "you're going way too far, charlotte."

"why don't you go check on her?" charlotte suggested, "you know, maybe because you like her much more than me."

"charlotte, please stop," waverly mumbled.

"fine, i will," daniel declared, heading upstairs to check on mackenzie.

as daniel was heading up the stairs, mackenzie was walking outside of the guest bedroom. the two bumped into each other, and mackenzie was frazzled, "oh, uh, chloe is f-fine."

"kenz, i didn't come up here to talk about that," daniel chuckled, "i love you, mackenzie."

"daniel, can we not do this now?" mackenzie sighed, "i already told you that i don't love you anymore."

"i think we both know that's a lie," daniel whispered, pulling mackenzie close to him.

she gasped, gazing into his ocean eyes, "darn you and your charm, seavey."

daniel laughed, and planted his lips on mackenzie's. the moment was perfect, and the two felt the feeling they had both been longing for. they moved in sync, and the strong scent of daniel's cologne tingled mackenzie's nose.

meanwhile in the living room, charlotte groaned, "i feel bad. i'm going to apologize."

zach, jonah, waverly, and jack watched charlotte head up the stairs, but were immediately confused once they heard the sound of something drop.

with the intentions of apologizing, charlotte turned to the left to find the guest bedroom, but was not expecting to see mackenzie and daniel's lips connected. the brunette was speechless, and she couldn't believe what was happening. charlotte's phone fell from her hands, and mackenzie and daniel jumped. once they turned their heads, they saw tears streaming down charlotte's face.

"oh my gosh," mackenzie mumbled, "charlotte, we can explain."

"so this is why you've been acting so weird?" charlotte asked, her voice at the top of her lungs, "this is what you've been keeping from me?"

daniel sighed, "yes, charlotte, this is what we've been hiding. i'm in love with mackenzie."

the tears in charlotte's eyes cascaded even faster, "m-my best friend and b-boyfriend have been dating behind my back?"

at that time, zach, waverly, jonah, and jack had already been watching, and chloe came out from the guest bedroom to see what was going on.

however, lillian and corbyn were still occupied in his room.

"we were never dating," mackenzie answered, "i care about you too much to date your boyfriend behind your back."

"yeah, but you guys were still in love with each other," charlotte scoffed, "whatever, mackenzie, you can have my sloppy seconds."

charlotte stormed out of corbyn's house, and walked home.

"well, i'm definitely confused," zach remarked, shrugging his shoulders.

...