fifty ☆ built off a bet

DECEMBER

narrator's pov:

at around seven in the evening, the party guests began to show up at corbyn's house. the blonde waited for his girlfriend, and he already had planned out how to tell her.

corbyn envisioned to be alone with lillian, and he would just be straightforward and honest.

"nervous?" chloe asked, passing corbyn a cup.

corbyn took a sip, "i'm scared she's going to hate me forever."

"hey, stay positive," chloe pointed out, nudging his elbow, "you never know, maybe it can go well?"

just as chloe said that, lillian and her friends walked in corbyn's house.

"i should go greet them," corbyn excused himself, walking towards the door.

lillian smiled once she was her boyfriend, "hey, corbyn."

he hugged her, "hi, lily pad."

"truth or dare over here!" someone shouted.

jack groaned, "ugh, every time we all play truth or dare, it always goes terribly."

joining the circle, waverly sat down next to the curly-headed boy, "i wonder what secrets are going to be exposed today."

jack laughed, smiling at the redhead.

"alright, who first?" addison fabello asked, looking around at the many teens seated in a large circle.

"just like the ski trip, let's start with chloe jane habrock," kacey pollina suggested, "truth or dare?"

"truth," chloe answered.

"is it true that you and ethan aren't dating anymore?" kacey inquired.

chloe looked at ethan who was seated diagonally across from her, "we were never formally dating, but the answer is technically yes. we aren't talking anymore."

zach couldn't help but smile. his crush was finally single, and he felt more confident to start making moves.

"why is herron so smiley?" someone asked.

zach pretended that he didn't hear what the random person said, and just looked down at the floor.

"herron, truth or dare?" addison questioned.

"truth," zach replied.

"is it true that you like chloe?" addison asked.

zach sighed, "why does everyone want to know?"

"zach, just say it. you know chloe hates lies, and you keep lying to her," daniel whispered.

"well, it's super obvious that you like her," kacey pointed out.

chloe joined in, "guys, he doesn't like me, he told me the oth—"

"actually, chloe, you're wrong," zach sighed, "i lied to you, and the rumors are true. i have a crush on chloe jane habrock."

everyone gasped.

"wait, seriously?" chloe mumbled.

zach nodded, "are you mad?"

"mad?" chloe scoffed, "i'm more than mad! you told me you don't like me, and you promised that you would never lie to me again."

"chl-chloe, i wasn't ready to tell you," zach apologized, "i'm sorry."

the blonde rolled her eyes, "i can't deal with you right now."

zach wasn't expecting chloe to get upset about the truth. he expected her to be confused, but definitely not that angry.