thirty-eight ☆ watch out

DECEMBER

narrator's pov:

those who attended the ski lodge trip returned to school on tuesday, and majority were not excited about it.

"i don't want to be here," waverly groaned, leaning against her locker.

"hey, we just have about two weeks of this torture, and then winter break," mackenzie reminded, attempting to lift up their spirits.

"the ski lodge trip was wild," lillian declared.

"definitely for you," charlotte teased.

"wait, what happened when you and corbyn talked things out? the only thing i heard about is that you guys love each other," chloe asked.

"oh, well, it's kind of about that," lillian said.

lillian re-told the story of her past with ethan jalens, and she was speechless.

"oh my gosh, lills, i'm so sorry," chloe apologized.

"no, chloe, you had nothing to do with what happened," lillian denied.

"ethan and i aren't really going anywhere, so i might just call things off," chloe pointed out.

"chlo, you don't have to do that," lillian replied, "ethan was actually really sweet at times, so i understand why you're talking to him. you don't have to call things off because of me."

"but, chloe, you just need to watch out for him," waverly added.

"we wouldn't want the same thing happening to you," charlotte agreed.

"i'll see how things go for a little bit with ethan, but i doubt it's going to lead up to anything real," chloe remarked.

-

liked by charlielyons, kenzie

liked by charlielyons, kenzie.simmons, imzachherron, and 4,183 others
seaveydaniel i like yellow
view all 728 comments...
charlielyons and i like you
corbynbesson h o t t i e
waverlymatts hmmm i think i've seen that caption before 🤔
          ↳ seaveydaniel 😳
load more comments...

-

"did you hear that daniel seavey used the same caption and mackenzie simmons' post from a few weeks ago?" waverly dramatically asked mackenzie, teasing her in the halls.

mackenzie lightly laughed, but looked away.

"what's wrong, kenz?" waverly asked.

"can i talk to you? alone," mackenzie requested, looking around at all of the students in the hallway.

"come on, let's go to chick-fil-a for lunch," waverly suggested.

the two drove to the fast-food restaurant just a few blocks away from school, and sat at a table while eating their lunch.

"so, what's up with daniel?" waverly started.

"okay, i've been holding in so much for a while," mackenzie admitted, "promise you won't tell anyone?"

"i promise," waverly remarked.

"alright, so i liked daniel way before charlotte did. now, the two are dating, and i've been having mixed feelings about their relationship. i'm happy for them, but it also stings, you know what i mean? when daniel first asked out charlotte, she asked me if i'd allow them to date. obviously since charlotte's my best friend, i told her yes. i believe that friends always come before guys, so i kind of just put away my own happiness for charlotte," mackenzie declared.

"i always knew something was strange when charlotte and daniel started dating," waverly pointed out, "but, continue."

"so, on the ski lodge trip, um, daniel kissed me," mackenzie whispered.

waverly spat out her lemonade, "wait, seriously? no way."

"he really did," mackenzie replied, "we basically made-out and it almost led to something more, but then charlotte knocked on the door because we were in their hotel room."

"that sounds like your typical wattpad fanfiction," waverly laughed, "wait, so what happened after?"

"i avoided him the rest of the trip, and told him it was all a mistake. then, he sat next to me on the bus ride back, and i suggested that we should just avoid each other," mackenzie sighed.

"how do you really feel, mack?" waverly asked.

mackenzie let out a deep breath, "i feel terrible, wave. i want to be with daniel, and he told me he likes me, but i don't want to hurt charlotte. they dated first."

"yeah, but you liked him first," waverly pointed out.

"i don't know, anymore, waverly. i told him i don't like him," mackenzie admitted.

"are you guys going to tell charlotte about what happened?" waverly inquired.

mackenzie shook her head, "definitely not any time soon."

"mackenzie, you deserve so much better than what is going on right now. you're amazing, and people should be more grateful for your kindness," waverly declared.

mackenzie smiled.

...