Chapter 45

Harry's POV

I sigh placing my keys into the bowl on the counter by my apartment door. It had been a long night and Nothing went how I expected it to. Laura clearly made it obvious that she wanted nothing to do with me anymore. 

"Hey I thought I heard someone come in"

Taylor smiles with hooded eyes. I hug her gently feeling overwhelmed from all that happened tonight. I breathe in her smell feeling myself somewhat relax. 

"I missed you"

I say pecking at her neck. I grip her waist making her whimper in my ear. 

"I missed you too"

She giggled as I pick her up. We make our way to my bedroom and I throw her on the bed. I start unbuttoning my shirt giving her a dark stare. 

"Take your clothes off"

I demand and she looks into my eyes, mouth slightly agape. She begins to take her maroon sweater off and I admire the swell of her breasts.

I removed my belt along with my pants, crawling onto the bed next to her. I kiss up her neck to her face. She was excited because her eyes were now wide open and bright. 

I didn't care about anything at the moment I needed some form of comfort. I never wanted any of this to happen. 

Flashback... 

"So you're telling me she was your old patient?"

Taylor asked. I went home after Laura went back to work. I needed to explain everything to Taylor but I didn't know how to.  

"Yes"

I say rubbing my palms anxiously avoiding her eyes.

"And you fell in love with her, but she had Heart failure."

She said and I nodded. 

"She went into a coma after some complications And ended up getting a new heart. But when we expected her to wake up... she never did."

I croak memories replaying through my mind as clear as day. The old familiar feeling of pain returned to my chest. I felt my emotions become the best of me and I place my head into my hands. 

I fight back the tears and Taylor placed her hand on my back, rubbing it slowly. We sit in silence for a while so I could calm my nerves. 

"So where does this leave us?"

Taylor asked softly making me pull up to look at her. She looked worried and my heart sank. 

I didn't know what to say, because I wasn't prepared for this to happen at all. Laura, of course, I still felt so much love for but I couldn't just leave Taylor, I built this relationship strong and I didn't know what to do now. 

"I, I'm with you"

I say feeling a burn in my throat as I say it. She smiles brightly before engulfing me in a hug. 

"Oh I'm so glad I really thought you were gonna leave me"

She laughs dryly and I stare at the wall blankly. I feel my body run cold with guilt. 

"Never"

I lie