5. Day Ruined

-Blake-

-Blake-

I stared at the unconscious Jordan Simmons at my feet. My heart was racing, and my whole body was demanding me to run while I still could.

But I couldn't. My eyes were glued on the beautiful face of young mister Simmons. I had a thing for beautiful and shiny things like all thieves had, and Jordan was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

I looked around in the freakishly huge bathroom. It seemed to be even bigger than the bedroom across the hall. I was expecting to see someone else hiding in there, but since I was clearly alone, I turned my attention back to the unconscious man.

I kneeled down next to him, and after making sure he was still breathing, I took the hairdryer he'd been using from the ground and turned it off. That was the source of the humming sound I had heard. I put it away and turned to look at Jordan's ridiculously long hair.

I had never seen anyone with such long hair before. I hesitated for a moment before touching his long locks. His hair felt like pure silk against my fingers when I collected it all and placed it on his naked body.

I wrapped my arms carefully around him and lifted him up from the ground. He was pretty tall, but his frame was small. He felt a bit underweight in my arms when I got up on my feet, and carried him to his bedroom, gently putting him down on his bed.

I pulled the covers over him and sat down on the edge of the bed and tried to think about what to do next. I tried to decide if I should call the ambulance. Even if Jordan was shocked to see a strange man in his bathroom, it wasn't normal to faint like that. Maybe he had an illness? Maybe he needed a doctor?

My thoughts were interrupted when Jordan suddenly moved a little on his bed. I hurried up on my feet just when he opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling, looking disoriented.

I sneaked out of the room before he could see me and hurried to the balcony. Once I was outside, I retreated to the railing. I took one last glance over my shoulder before I climbed over the railing and jumped on the roof below me.

I dashed towards the vine and jumped down without bothering to climb down the trellis. I knew I had only a few short minutes to escape from the scene, and I didn't have a second to waste. Ten minutes later, I was squeezing through the gap on the fence where I'd seen Joyce sneaking out of the neighborhood. Soon after that, I had vanished in the busy streets of the city.