🍁 Farewell 🍁

Requested by: ErikaKuznetsov

Warning: Contains spoilers from the manga.

"Alright. Everybody understand their positions?" Norman asked.

"Yes!" We all chanted.

"Good. (Y/N)? I'd like to speak to you alone here please."

You tilted your head as everyone else left the room.

When the last person closed the door behind them, a long silence followed.

"(Y/N)," Norman leaned over his desk to speak quietly, "I think you shouldn't take part on this mission."

Your eyes widened at your lover. "But Nor—"

"(Y/N)," he interrupted you and got up from his desk, making his way over to you, "I have a very bad feeling about it. There's a chance that the demons whom we've cooperated with will backstab us at the very last minute..."

Norman took your hand in his and leaned his forehead against yours. "I can't lose you. Not now. Not ever."

You stayed silent for a moment, but pulled away from him, "Norman. This is my job. It's what I chose to do, please. Let me." You looked up at him sincerely as his eyes widened.

"I understand how you feel, but this is something we all have to play our part in." You whispered gently.

Norman heaved a heavy sigh. "Alright. Fine. But promise me one thing."

"Hm?"

"Please. Stay alive." He shakily whispered, "Honestly, I wish I could go with you but..."

"You're the one leading the attack. I'm one of the ones carrying it out. I know, Norman. This is what you have to do." You smiled gently and wrapped your arms around his slightly trembling body. "I promise I'll try. I love you."

Norman's grasp on you tightened, as if you were about to disappear any moment, "I love you too."

...

"You promise, huh?" Norman muttered as he stood upon your bloody corpse.

"You promised," Norman didn't seem to stop saying. He knelt over you and proceeded to cry over your dead body, refusing to leave your side. Finally, after a couple of days, his comrades persuaded him to go home with you having a proper burial.