🧸 When He Has A Nightmare 🧸

Modern au cause why the hell not—
Also poor soft boi—

(Norman's POV)

(Y/N)...

I'm running...

I'm coming.

I don't know where I am..

I don't know why...

But I need to find (Y/N)..

Now..

I ran through what seemed like an endless hallway, the one that looked like a hallway from the Grace Field House. I needed to find (Y/N) desperately. I just had to. We are in danger. I need to find her. I need to find.. wait...

As I ran, I passed a door. I stopped and looked at it. Suddenly, I heard whimpers inside. I gulped and practically slammed the door open. And there is where I saw her. (Y/N). Pinned by a demon to the wall. I saw her terrified face, and anger started to rise from my chest.

I wanted to run to her rescue. I wanted to push that demon away. I wanted to stab that demon and save her. But I couldn't move.

Desperately I tried moving my legs, but they seemed to be stuck to the floor. I watched in agony as the demon happily loomed over her, about to stab her with one of those flowers.

Then, I heard a scream and blood spilling all over the floor. "Don't touch her!" I yelled and closed my eyes desperately. Then, it was silent. I didn't hear (Y/N) or the demon. I couldn't smell the blood.

I opened my eyes and I was surrounded by a void, and in front of me, was (Y/N)'s corpse.

Wait, (Y/N)'s???

I dropped to her side quickly and inspected her pale face. I checked her pulse in hopefulness.

Nothing.

"No... no... no, no, no, no, no.." I rambled as I picked her up and held her in my arms. I didn't know what to feel. Angry, sad, disappointed in myself for not protecting her in the first place..

In the end, I only screamed her name at the top of my lungs, clutching to her cold body.

.
.

.

I sat up quickly, awake now. I was catching my breath, a light layer of sweat on my forehead, and tears spilling from my eyes. I rubbed my eyes, stopping them as well as my sweat-covered forehead. I looked to my side and saw (Y/N) looking at me in shock.

"(Y/N)... you're here... oh my god.." I huffed.

(Y/N) POV:

"Norman.." I sat up with him and caressed his cheek. "Did you have a nightmare?" I asked, concerned.

"Yeah.." he shakily said and buried his head into your chest as he held onto you tightly, like a child, and continued to sob.

You frowned at first, but smiled as you started to rub his back.

"Of course I'm here. I'm always going to be here. With you." I gently said, kissing the top of his head.

He lifted his head up, cheeks puffy and eyes red, "Yeah.. yeah...." he pondered, sniffling.

"We're also almost done dealing with the demons." You soothed him.

"Yeah..."

You both collapsed back down onto the bed and held each other in a warm embrace.

"(Y/N)... I love you so so much... I-I'm gonna let you know that everyday from now on."

"Norman, you're so sweet." You smiled. "I love you too. But y'know... you don't have to force yourself!"

"I will. I want to."

And so he did.

🧸💙