Chapter thirty seven

This story has reached 5k votes 😍😭 thank you soooo much! It means a lot to me the few seconds you take to hit that star bottom. I love you all! 💜

***

"What's the point of wearing a cloak, if you end being seen anyways." Rin huffed, squeezing the excess water off her plain, black shirt into the small creak they had been before. She was rubbing off Izuna's blood from her clothes. "They haven't served any purpose."

"Agreed."

Her pants also had blotches of blood on them, but there was no way she would be taking it off in front of shisui. Pulling her shirt off had been a feat with Izuna's words still fresh in her mind. She was currently wearing only her fishnet shirt with her decent amount of cleavage showing through. Now, she wouldn't have minded before; she had actually discarded her shirt without thinking twice out of habit—but from what Izuna had said about her—she was starting to feel ashamed of her abrupt actions.

Rin glanced from the corner of her eye to her companion who was currently sitting at the shore. She sweatdropped at finding him too preoccupied in folding his shirt neatly with surprisingly care than to even spare her a glance.

'It's not like I wanted him looking.' She pouted feeling deflated. 'But showing a little discomfort in front of a girl would have been nice. He makes me feel like I have no sex appeal.'

Seriously, this was all thanks to that ferocious Uchiha. Never has she ever felt self-conscious of herself until he said those things about her. It also wasn't helping that he happened to be an extremely beautiful man that can grasp shisui's attention with just one flick of his ponytail. 'T-they are not...so small are they..?' She glanced down at her decent amount of chest.

"Rin, what are you doing?"

The incredulous tone of shisui's voice was what snapped her out of her trance. She eeped and shoved her hands behind her back, dropping her shirt back in the water in the process. "N-nothing!" She hurried to say smiling nervously. Hoping he hadn't seen her cupping her own breasts curiously. She had been so absentminded of his presence that had wondered if Obito would have been satisfied with her size.

"Right." Of course, he had seen. It wasn't the first time he's seen a female doing that, although he did wonder why so. "Anyways, it will be better if we find some shelter tonight. Until tomorrow we can settle for something more acceptable." It had taken almost the entire day to heal Izuna—it will be midnight soon. "It's also not wise staying here longer than necessary because of Madara. The farther we are from the compound the better."

Rin extended her recent rinsed shirt, muttering under her breath a bit miffed. "I don't understand what that man's problem is. We saved his little brother, shouldn't he be grateful to us?"

"Madara is very protective of Izuna," he began to explain softly. "he is not in the right state of mind right now. Our presence wasn't expected or welcomed, he must have thought the worst finding us there."

She stepped out of the water, shaking each foot lightly as she goes. "I thought you took care of him and the others."

"I did." He affirmed and raised his hand placing it atop his left eye softly. "It takes an enormous amount of chakra for me to use it and it must have lessened considerably while healing Izuna. Madara must have had the itch to go check on him."

"I see." She strapped one of the backpacks behind her back and watched shisui take the other two, smiling gratefully. Rin was about to pass out from exhaustion literally. "I'm ready to pass out somewhere for the night."

Her comment was gifted with a smile from the other, equally as exhausted and drained as her...maybe even gloomy. "I think I know a place close by we can stay for the night."