Chapter nine

Shisui dreamed that night.

He dreamed of itachi.

He dreamed of what happened after he died. The entire clan massacred... he watched as itachi's own sword slice over his own parents.

He dreamed of Izumi.

Itachi's fiancé getting killed by a masked ninja. He didn't know who was the masked ninja, but his dream portrait him as someone deathly.

All in all, it was such a terrifying and realistic dream he woke up immediately. Sweat coated his skin, and he was filled with horror. His breathing was coming in deep drags. That dream...it'd have seemed so real. He felt his own soul being in that room as itachi killed everyone on their clan. Just what the hell was that? Why was his brain making stuff up? There is absolutely no way itachi could ever do such a thing.

No way.

So why was he so terrified then? Why does he feel guilty? He didn't know he was having trouble breathing until hashirama burst into his room crying out his name.

"Shisui!"

He felt hashirama chakra coated hand on his chest and forehead, trying to see what's up him. He didn't know what hashirama did, but his breathing got easier to handle and his body relaxed under hashirama's care.

"I'm sorry." He uttered after he was able to speak.

He suddenly felt so tired, yet he was scared to sleep. The thought of him having that dream again...terrified him. He felt hashirama's gently fingers pushing away from him. He didn't know he was leaning on him in the first place.

"Shisui," he heard him say. "Please tell me what's wrong. I can't help you if you don't tell me anything." Hashirama softly begged.

Shisui closed his eyes trying to compose himself. No, he couldn't tell him. It was a dream after all. Only a dream. He raised his head up and gave him a gentle smile. Hashirama would have snapped at him if it wasn't because shisui's smile was real. It wasn't faked or forced, like when people give when they want to be left alone. No, it was gentle and real like all his smiles. And that broke hashirama's heart, more than a faked one.

"There is nothing wrong." Shisui caught hashirama's hand on his shoulder and gave a soft squeeze.

Hashirama tried to feel angry, he really did. But he couldn't, no with shisui. "Alright," he nodded stiffly. "I'll let you sleep then." He stood up, ready to leave shisui's room. He knew he was acting a bit cold right now, but he couldn't help it. It hurt knowing that shisui didn't trust him enough to tell him what's wrong.

He was prepared to leave the room...until he felt someone grab his hand. That's when he felt a bit of hurt turn into anger. He was frustrated and he didn't like feeling this way. He turned to shisui ready to bid him goodnight but his heart broke completely at what he saw.

Shisui's pretty eyes were filled with tears, yet he was still smiling. He was smiling through his pain. It was perhaps the most painful and beautiful scene he has ever seen. And he didn't know he was moving until his arm wrapped around him.

He hugged him tightly to him. One hand was hugging him while the other one caressed his hair gently. "It's okay," he murmured. "I'm right here."

Shisui's body trembled slightly. He was trying hard to control himself, after all shinobi do not show emotions. Yet...his arms went around hashirama and pulled him tightly to him. His head buried on hashirama neck as tears quietly streamed down his face. The fact that this was hashirama hugging him relaxed him more than anyone could ever have. And he wanted hashirama's arm wrapped around him the whole night...so he could chase his nightmare away.