Chapter eighteen

Hey guys, so sorry for the long wait! I hope this chapter makes up for it. Enjoy!

****

Shisui didn't know how long hashirama and him stayed together like that in the garden, but hashirama ended up falling sleep on his lap.

It was very peaceful, to the point shisui thought he was going to follow suit but the hard opening of the door shot him wide awake. Tobirama was standing on the doorway with a hard face.

And he didn't sound happy at all when he talked to him. "Wake my brother up, I need to have a word with him."

Shisui resisted the urge to raise a brow at his tone. Hokage or not, shisui was kinda getting tired of his attitude. His lips thinned, and he swallowed his frustration. Even he has his limits!

He shook hashirama gently on the shoulder, trying to wake him up. He didn't have to shake that much, hashirama was a very light sleeper. He awoke almost immediately.

"Hashirama-sama, your brother needs to speak with you." He told him quietly.

Tobirama made a motion with his head to hashirama, signaling him that he wants to speak with him in private. Hashirama sighed tiredly. And here he was having such a good time...

"I'll be right back, shisui." Hashirama smiled apologetically.

He only smiled and nodded back.

He watched them walk away quietly. He wasn't dumb, he knew tobirama wanted to speak in private because he doesn't trust him. He could understand it, he really could...but that doesn't mean it wasn't frustrating the lack of trust.

He ran a hand through his curls tiredly. And here he was enjoying his time with hashirama.. He laid down on the grass and looked up at the sky. He was sure that hashirama was going to take a while in coming back. He could have gone to rin but...she probably was still crying. And he had to be an asshole to bother her at this moment only because he was bored.

He sighed. It really wasn't fun being in the past with nobody to talk to. Hashirama didn't count. Even if it was hashirama, there were still things he couldn't speak to him about. He was lord hokage, he couldn't treat him as if they were best friends. They were definitely not on the same level, he couldn't treat him so casually.

In this situations he really missed itachi. If only he was here. He could have-

Shisui's body immediately tensed, and his senses were on full alert. Someone...someone was watching him.

There was no chakra that he could sense. And if he had been a lesser ninja he could have passed it on as his imagination. But he knew the art of espionage. He knew when he was being spied on.

He sat up slowly to not alert whoever was spying on him that he knows he was being spied on. He had not weapons, but he did had his eyes. And that was literally all he needed anyways.

He activated his sharingan and looked around, his fingers digging into the soil when he found no chakra. But that couldn't be..he knows he was being watched. So why-

'There' he thought more relieved that his sharingan didn't fail him after all, than at finding the source. In the tree just behind the ones that was in front of him, he could detect chakra coming from inside the tree bark. But he didn't think much of it and flickered to the tree branch.

His fingers already going through the signs of the fireball jutsu. He didn't care, he was going to burn down the forest. Hashirama will forgive him, well, at least he hopes he will. He was ready to blow the fire from his mouth when the chakra from the bark disappeared.