Chapter thirty five

GUYS!

Thank you so much for the 4K+ votes it means the world to me!

I get emotional knowing you guys like this story so much—THANK YOU!! 💙💙💙

***

"Are you okay?"

Rin watched shisui worriedly. Since tobirama and half of the senju left, shisui has been staring at the ceiling blankly. This was another failed attempt of her behalf on getting him into a conversation. There must be a lot on his mind, she concluded. It saddens her that there was nothing she could do or say to reassure him. Both knew that tobirama hadn't believed him—and now only time will tell if tobirama had a bit of compassion in his cold heart.

"I just want izuna to live." Shisui broken whisper broke through the silence of the room. "I...I know I should care about Konoha, but izuna..."

Rin smiled sympathetically. "I'm sure he's going to be fine. He is tobirama's equal, is going to be hard for him to get the upper hand on izuna and vice versa."

"Not If it's fated to be." Shisui stared at a certain point on the ceiling with a lost look in his eyes. "I want so bad to blame fate for what has happened, but I know it's not its fault—it's mine. I messed up badly Rin."

"Shi-chan."

"I should have told him earlier instead of him finding out." He buried his face on his hands, body shaking slightly. "I only had one job and I screwed up!" His hands muffled his voice and tears and he bent forwards so she won't see them. "I want him to live."

"And maybe he does!" She rushed to say. "You taught him the chidori right?"

Shisui let his hand drop, his slightly puffy, red eyes giving him a childish endearing look. "I guess so." He sniffed.

Rin grinned, hope glinting in her eyes. "See? The chidori is not a weak jutsu. Maybe this time turns out to be different!"

That did reassure shisui a little—he had forgotten about that particular technique. "Maybe you're right."

"Although," Rin grabber her chin thoughtfully, ready to unknowingly step on the seed of hope in shisui's heart. "I don't know how the chidori would do against lord Nidaime's teleportation jutsu. The chidori is a close combat jutsu after all."

He stared at her as if she had grown another head. 'What..' his hands felt stiff and cold as he balled them—anger flaring up in his stomach. 'You knew what technique tobirama was going to use and you didn't tell me?!' But then it dawned to him that he shouldn't be angry. He should have known what jutsu tobirama planned to use. After all he was known for his hiraishin. It was obvious now that he thought about it, and he had messed up. Messed up bad. Shisui was known as a prodigy, but he failed at something that was taught back at the academy. And now, he has taught izuna a close range jutsu, probably the worse choice for tobirama's hiraishin no jutsu.

"Oh," Rin's face morphed to one of pity. He hated it.

He didn't need pity right now, he needed a solution.

"Ka-Kakashi used the chidori all the time as a final attack, even with long range adversaries so..." she trailed of flashing a hesitant smile. "As long as izuna knows how to use it, I'm sure he-"

"Kakashi never had to deal with the flying thunder god jutsu."

And just like that, the somewhat light mood Rin had brought into the room fated.

She made a soft, distress, choked sound at the back of her throat. "B-But-"

"Or are you telling me that Kakashi's chidori stood a chance against yondaime's-sama flying thunder god technique?"