Chapter fifteen

Hello! Thank you for the patience!

When he was a kid, shisui used to hang out almost all the time with his close cousin Obito Uchiha. Shisui has a very friendly, nice personality, but he still didn't open up to just anyone. Itachi and obito had been the closest thing of siblings he ever had. Because of his friendship with obito he was able to meet and get to know rin.

He may have been little, but even a blind man could see how much he cared for rin. He could understand why. When he first met rin, he immediately liked her. She was not only nice but kind. She treated obito with care and respect. She didn't make fun of him for his dream. She didn't put him down verbally nor physically. She cheered for him when nobody was doing it, she pushed him to be better and most of all, believed in him. That was more than enough for shisui. And that's why he liked rin.

He had listen many stories from obito about his jealousy over Kakashi. Who later on became his sempai. It was really funny to be honest, he would laugh about it which it would irked obito off. He would enjoy the times he would spend with obito and of course, rin as well. Little itachi, would sometimes come in and join in. They would spend many afternoons together, just hanging around conversing. It had been very peaceful those times. He wished, it wouldn't have ended.

Obito died a few years later. Losing him was without a doubt one of the hardest things he could have ever endured. He could remember Rin coming up to him, with a sad, devastated look on her face. When she told him obito died, he could feel his eyes swirling up with pain and tears. Rin hugged him tightly to her, whispering soft nothingness on his ears, but it didn't help lessen his grief. It didn't help his eyes from experiencing excruciating pain as he awaken his mangekyo.

After that because of his grief, shisui went through a sasuke phase. He was quiet, if it wasn't itachi, he would rarely give a smile, and he would just give a don't-talk-to-me aura. It was through this phase that he got to discover how especial rin truly was. When obito died, he truly thought they wouldn't hang out anymore. After all, the only thing uniting them had been obito. Or at least that was what he believed.

She visit him frequently. She would try to ease his pain and give him his favorite sweet deserts. She was there trying to cheer him up, trying to get the old shisui back. And later, little by little his lips would quirk up, they would twitch, and slowly but surely, he was able to smile. He was able to push his pain behind him and continue on with his life like it was before obito died.

But it was because of her that he was able to do it. It was because she took the time and effort when she didn't had to, to comfort him when no one else could. And for that shisui was forever grateful. He wanted to say thank you. Invite her over with itachi and him to eat dango. But unfortunately that never happened, because when he went to give her the news, he came face-to-face with a devastated, traumatized looking Kakashi. And when he told him the news he never wanted to hear, he realized that it was too late.

He had been too late to see rin for the last time. He had been too late to talk and spend time with her for the last time. And lastly, he had been too late to say thank you. Because once a person dies they are gone forever, and they are never coming back. Just like what happened with obito. And just like what happened with rin. And just what happened..to himself.

****

"Rin."

Rin turned to face the person that just called her, only to be engulfed in a tight hug. She could feel something wet on her shoulder and realized with sadness that it was shisui's tears.

"Shisui-chan." She murmured softly, and returned his hug. They were in shisui's room. After passing out, rin took shisui back to his room to where she could attend to him. It had been such a shocking day. She never in a million years thought she would see shisui again. And to see just how changed he was.

"It's okay." She ran a hand through his curls, trying to ease him, like always. "I'm right here."

"I'm sorry." He said thickly from her shoulder.

Rin smiled softly. "Now, what do you have to apologize for?" She gently pushed him away from her shoulder and grabbed his face gently with her hands. "You have nothing to apologize for."

"Rin."

"It's alright," she nodded reassuringly at him, smile still in place. "It's alright. Everything is going to be alright. I promise."

Shisui bit his lower lip feeling overwhelmed. Seriously, he didn't know whether to be mad or happy at whoever god is in charge of time. First him now rin, who else is next, itachi? For fucks sake, obito?

Rin petted shisui's hair softly, while she left him to his thoughts. She knows seeing her here was overwhelming for him. Like how long has it been since they last saw each other? She couldn't even remember. But she couldn't help but be glad. Now she doesn't feel alone. It had been so hard, for her to start anew in a new place, a new time while knowing that all her loved ones are in another timeline. She had been so lonely and so...scared. That's why, whoever god that was in charge of time, she was forever grateful, for sending someone she had so dearly missed and loved so much.

"I remember last time you wanted to tell me something," she continued running her hand through his hair, and smiled lovingly. "Well, do you still remember? Or have you already forgotten?" The last part came out teasingly. After all, it has been a long time since they had seen each other.

Shisui looked at her with sad painful eyes. Of course he hadn't forgotten. He had lived his entire life waiting, needing to just say it. And now, now he has that chance. Because whoever god that was above and that was fucking time up has granting him that chance, and he wouldn't wasted. So he took his time. He took his time savoring those two meaningful words that he had waited years to say.

"Thank you." He looked intensely at her eyes. "Thank you rin. For everything."

Rin's eyes watered slightly, immediately knowing what he was referring to. She brought him to a hug. "You have no need to thank me shisui," she said thickly from his shoulder. "Kami, I can't believe all you wanted to tell me was this." She choked through the end.

"Rin." He returned her hug, and savored the moment he had been waiting for all his life. Finally, finally he was able to tell her just how much she had meant to him all this time. It might have been just a few words, but she understood. She always understood.

"Hey shisui, I was thinking maybe if you-" the door was thrust open by a cheerful and beaming hashirama. Who lost his smile as soon as he caught sight of a frozen shisui, who was still in arms of a frozen rin.

Slowly, very slowly, he pulled away from rin. His heart rate speeding up nervously. Why was he so nervous? It was only hashirama. It's not like he was doing anything bad anyways. He had only been hugging rin. Who, if you weren't in the room to listen to his last conversation, you would definitely get the wrong idea. But still. He still didn't do anything wrong. Rin was literally his sister. Nothing more. So why, why does it feel like he needs to explain to hashirama?

He has never dealt with anything like this before. Correction, he never had to explain this to anyone before. And he definitely didn't have to explain it to hashirama. Yet, he found his mouth moving before he could give the order to.

"This is not what it looks like."

***

Hello!

I want to thank all you who are still reading this story. I know adding Rin to the story wasn't everyone's favorite, but I promise she plays a very important part on the story.

Also, don't forget to vote and comment if you liked this chapter!

Thank you!💙