The Cat's Meow

Art Credit: dorky.mi

NOTE: Happy Holidays for all my lovely readers celebrating this time of the year. I give you my prayers or wishes if you accept, that your days are filled with love and happiness. For my non-celebrators, I wish you all the same and hope the best for you as well!

I also have this story based in a Christmas Holiday theme not really specifying if (Y/N), which is you, celebrates it. I just hint that the other characters I mention in this chapter celebrate the holiday. Other than that, please enjoy!!

(Y/N) found that one thing never changed for most beings down in hell.

People still had traditions, people still had things they loved that weren't sin. It was a trip seeing decorations for holidays like Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and many others displayed in the drug stores and brothel houses in the city.

The cat demoness smiled to herself as she lowered her head trudging through a sea of demons as her journeys brought her home.

To the Hazbin (Happy) Hotel.

The bell chimed brightly as (Y/N) came through the entrance, followed with being greeted by Vaggie who was decked out in festive attire. The cat demon smiled at the other, noting that this was one of the times Vaggie looked the most happy. Right now, during the holidays, or with Charlie.
"¡Feliz noche buena!" The gray haired woman beamed as she walked around the counter to greet (Y/N) with a tight hug.

"Oh?" (Y/N) said in reply as she held her hands out for a moment, shocked at how affectionate Vaggie was being. The female giggled and hugged back, rocking the other female side to side gently.

(Y/N) had to admit to herself that is was nice seeing Vaggie so carefree like this.

"Merry Christmas eve!!" a voice squealed happily from another entrance, out coming Charlie with a tower full of gifts. She too was dressed in holiday attire, and the bright smile on her face seemed even brighter now.

"(Y/N), you're back!" Charlie cried, moving all the boxes to a stack in one hand to give the cat demon a side hug with the other.
"Alastor is over in the performance hall decorating. He was looking for you." The blonde princess mentioned as she pointed the direction she came from. (Y/N) smiled in thanks and headed over that way, soon to hear the deer demon humming a festive tune to himself. The tall male was wearing an ugly sweater with lights on it, smiling at the strings of tinsel he was hanging on the walls.

"Looks great." (Y/N) commented, her hands clasped behind her back as her soft (h/c) tail swishing from side to side. The deer demon smiled in return, lowering his arms and turning to her with his iconic smile.
"Thank you my dear." he murmured, walking over to the female with his arms open.

(Y/N) felt her smile grow wider and she jumped happily into his arms, wrapping limbs around his neck as she hugged him. The female let out a soft trill as she pulled away to look up and admire his work.
"The guest are gonna love this display for the holiday party. Really, I am impressed." she pulled away and felt her eyes glue to the gorgeous colors and lights decorating all the walls, lamps, and the potted plants around.

"Stop it, I'm blushing." The red haired male raised his hands as the cat demon shoved his shoulder, grinning at his teasing.
"Alright, alright." she rolled her (e/c) eyes at him, tugging his arm to a lonesome sofa nearby the fireplace in the hall. Not only was there a large stage and seats for performing, there was also a comfortable lounge area by the bar where demons can also view the performances.

Luckily for the two, the entire hall was reserved just for them at the moment.

(Y/N) let Alastor sit down first before melting herself onto his form. She felt him tense at first, but then relax into her touch.

"You know I don't like touching." he murmured, clearly a tad uncomfortable.

"Yeah, I do." she smiled in return, stretching slightly on him.

"Get used to it, buster."

It had nearly been thirty minutes of just talking or being peaceful in each others silence, until Alastor felt, and heard something right below him. Opening his previously shut eyes, he looked down to (Y/N) who was resting on his chest. The sounds had been coming from her.

She was purring.

The Radio Demon sucked back an "aww" just looking at the scene before him. He had never since knowing her heard or seen her purr like he assumed she could. If he would've done anything to rouse her he knew he'd be in trouble. Knowing her, he'd probably have some slash marks from her claws on his face because he knew she'd be angry with him.

The sweet lulling of her continuous purrs worsened when he decided to begin petting her head. Alastor could feel her snuggle in closer, his eyes drooping a bit. With his head tossing gently from side to side, he finally rested his cheek on the top of her crown, slipping into dreamland.

He awoke about an hour or so later and the fire was slowly dying before him. Red piercing eyes searched around the room as he still held a sleeping (Y/N) in his arms.

They were still alone.

To Alastor's dismay, (Y/N) had stopped purring and was now relaxing in sleep while her chest slowly rose and fell. He was happy to be here like this, with her. If she was awake he knew for one hell of a fact that her cat senses were so good she would've caught him staring at the drop of a hat. In this position, he was able to see and burn in his mind every perfect imperfection on her face, her lips, her closed eyes, and her cute fluffy ears.

When the male looked up at the clock above, he found that it was nearly midnight, by just a few minutes, meaning that it would soon be Christmas day.

As gently as he could muster, Alastor nudged the sleeping woman a few times, making her stir.
"Mhm...." she let out a grunt, making the male snort.

Then it was eleven fifty-nine.

"Wake up my dear." he cooed, swiping the hair off her face and using his handkerchief to wipe some of the drool that had formed on the side of her mouth.

He tried not to laugh as he did so.

Feeling his hands on her, (Y/N) tenderly pushed them away and opened her shiny (e/c) eyes. Giving him a big, loud yawn, she smiled.
"Sorry I fell asleep on you. What did you need, hon?"

The clock struck twelve.

"Merry Christmas, sweetness."

NOTE: I'm sorry if this was short, I was determined to get something out for you all by today so you can have something to read! It's just been so busy with the holidays and stuff, and like I said previously, I hope your holiday was wonderful if you celebrate! If not then I hope your day was good!!