I Will Wait

Art Credit: dino999z

WARNING: angst??? omg who is she i don't know her. Sad stuff and mentions of religion. Happy ending, as always, come on.

NOTE: So, just putting it out there, I was raised as a Catholic in my family, was baptized and had to go to Sunday school. Had communion, so on and so forth. I love my family dearly, and don't mind that they wanted me to do that, I don't mind attending church with them if they want me to go. Sometimes I visit my friends Christian church with her and it's really nice. I consider myself agnostic-Catholic,

like my dad, so that is why I am a little aware of some of the things surrounding the Revelation (final coming of Christ) and this is just my spin on what angels would do if they had redeemed souls enter Heaven

like my dad, so that is why I am a little aware of some of the things surrounding the Revelation (final coming of Christ) and this is just my spin on what angels would do if they had redeemed souls enter Heaven. (I also am watch Good Omens OMG WATCH ITTTT). I don't want to offend anyone so I just wanted you to know in advance before we continue. Please do not get mad in the comments. Keep it friendly and civil!!!!

Funny thing is that I was trying to write a requested story and somehow I came up with this LMAO. Also, Reader is an angel!

Despite the bustle within the hotel and the commotion of new guests coming and going, a gentle soul let out a sigh of boredom.

The soft sound caught the attention of the demon next to that soul, and he smiled down at her.
"Bored already? The day isn't even close to being done." Alastor grinned at (Y/N), who rested her chin on her palm as she gazed across a sea of strangers big and small. She rolled her shoulders, letting the fluffy white wings behind her loose.

"I know hon. It's nice and all that Heaven is getting more and more souls into its gates, but it's a Hell of a job for me to do all the damn paperwork." The female huffed, swiping away some loose strands of her (h/c) colored hair. Alastor nodded softly, turning his attention for a moment to Charlie who was absolutely beaming. She had finally reached her goal of redeeming souls.

She, in fact, was also the first to go.

This came as a terrible to shock to everyone at the Happy Hotel, hitting Vaggie the most. Vaggie was a good soul and could be redeemed, but still had some ways to go before she was ready. That meant Charlie had to wait for her in Heaven. No demon in Hell believed someone could be changed to be good enough for God's world, until the Princess of Hell herself was given a chance.

Alastor watched quietly as the blonde princess watched Vaggie with a bittersweet expression. There were tears in her eyes, which were now a pretty blue. Her skin was also a pale ivory compared to her white complexion as a demon. The ex-demon now had massive white wings and a halo to finish her look off. She hugged her partner tight, paling Vaggie in comparison to her now prominent glow.

"I'll miss you..." Vaggie hiccuped sadly, holding Charlie for as long as she could...before she had to bid her farewell.

Alastor looked back toward the crowd and found many groups of souls now saying their good-byes to one another. He finally looked back at (Y/N).
"I know you too well, (Y/N). You don't mind doing all that paperwork, if it means these souls can pass through." he murmured, and the angel beside him noticed his grin lower a tad. She picked her head up to look at him when he let out a sigh.

"I thought it couldn't be done. I really believed we only had one chance at doing good. I just..." he couldn't even finish his words as they died poorly in his throat. He lowered his gaze to his shoes and (Y/N) couldn't help but give him a look of pity. He had received a big dose of humbleness the day the Archangels Micheal and Gabriel came down from Heaven with a group of lower ranking angels to give them the news that their redemption had been accepted. (Y/N) was one of the angels that had visited.

The female's job was to count attendance of all redeemed souls and place their files away in the archive of human souls. She also had the opportunity to meet these new souls in person. That was how she met and fell for the demon, Alastor.

She knew in her heart that God had forgiven her for falling for such a dark soul such as his, but the light in her ever growing heart sung to her that one day he too could be redeemed.

"What if I end up alone when everyone else goes to Heaven? Will I be alone in this hotel?" he asked her, wondering to himself if God would ever consider forgiving him for all the wrongdoings he had done. (Y/N) moved closer to him, and rested her head on his shoulder.
"Think about it this way, Al. Come on, look at me." she tried, picking up his chin to find his eyes. Beyond the shaky smile on his lips she could see the hurt in his eyes that no one else could see. He didn't flinch from her touch as she continued.

"Things happen for a reason. You didn't just fall in love with me, an angel, for no reason. You didn't learn to love again just because you were bored." she pet his bangs comfortingly, smiling as he leaned into her touch. He stayed quiet, wrapping his arms around her waist, minding her wings.
"You changed because you wanted too. Honey bee, I see you change for the better every, single, day." she leaned in to peck his lips, and the demon in front of her could only smile wide.

He hugged her even closer to his body, leaning his head on her shoulder.
"I don't know how you manage to make me feel better like it's nothing."

"I'm an angel, what'd you expect?" she giggled, rubbing his back to soothe him. He let out a soft chuckle, but had one final question. He just had to know.

"(Y/N)?"

"Yes Alastor?"

"Will you wait for me until I can be redeemed?" he looked at her, eyes full of worry and small hope. He knew she would wait, but he just needed to hear it from her.

"Dear, you'll always have me...till the final days of Revelation."