He's An Angel

Art Credit: Anois1345

NOTE: I thought of this idea a while back, and now I finally got to writing it! I'll have the requests I'm working on done eventually, I'm just a little slow at the moment because of the holidays, work and stress. Also, happy holidays to all my wonderful readers! I love you all and I hope your days of celebration are warm and bright!

"We've assigned you to a task down in hell. Supervise the 'Happy Hotel' and find out if the demons down there really can be—" the senior ranking angel standing before her junior grimaced as she read the print in her hands.

"Redeemed."

There was nothing else Alastor was told about the location he was set to, and in his heart he feared what was to come being around so many souls that were unholy and sinful. Running a shaky hand through his dark brown hair and fumbling slightly with his suit, he turned a heel to get started on the task he had received.

Despite his seemingly constant worry of going down to hell, he was secretly excited knowing that there were beings there that yearned to reach heaven. This gave him a little more energy in his stride as he moved to grab some items of protection and comfort for the journey. He wanted so badly now to meet them.

The angel fluffed his large white wings open as he descended to the living world, smiling as the cold wind tickled his face. Landing safely on the ground, Alastor folded his wings back behind him out of sight and slid his hands in his pockets. He supposed God would forgive him if he had a quick stroll around to watch and admire the humans.

The dark haired male had landed in an small town in Germany. He knew he had landed in either Germany or Austria from the language the people were speaking, and from the shops and stores surrounding him. The street he stood on was busy and bustling as families were preparing for the holidays. Alastor was greeted by a kind old woman at a small food stand with amazing smelling treats. Pointing out the food displayed before her, the woman proudly told Alastor some of customers favorites. Her gentle nature defeated him, and the angel couldn't help but purchase some of the sweets she had before going back to his travels.

In hell, Charlie and her staff at the Happy Hotel were stunned to silence at the sight before them.

An angel, glowing in all his perfection, staring at them as he held a bag of cookies in one hand and a half eaten cookie in the other. This was their first meeting of Alastor, the angel from heaven who would be keeping tabs on their cause.

From the moment the male stepped foot in the building he was awed and admired by the guests at the hotel as well as the staff. He was asked many questions about heaven and what it was like, which made him question why some of these beings were down here and not in a better place. He closed his eyes, shaking his head in disapproval. God works in mysterious ways. It was wrong of him to question their actions and choices.

He felt a little angry at how belittled he was when showing any sort of curiosity for other things that were seemingly ungodly. Other angels yelled at him, or even threatened him, which really made him wonder how some of these people ended up in heaven with him.

And God in their omnipotence just supervised their creations, making Alastor even more confused and conflicted.

He jumped when he felt a tap on his shoulder as he had been so distracted. Turning to the source, he found a demoness gazing toward him with a kind looking smile.
"Lost in thought, are you?" she asked him with a giggle laced in her words, taking a seat next to him at the bar stools he had taken refuge on while he had a small crisis.

He let out a dry and quiet laugh, trying hard not to stare into her wine colored scleras and her vibrantly red irises. Her skin was like a gray, sickly color from what she must've looked like when she was alive. He imagined her skin to have been a pretty (s/c), and even then she looked fine the way she was. Her (h/c) colored hair framed her soft cheeks so wonderfully that Alastor felt a little nervous in her presence.

She finished her look off with a nice (f/c) colored sweater dress that ended to her mid thigh and cut her collar in a shape of a V to extend the length of her neck. It looked so warm on her, and she looked so cute with the sleeves of her dress so long it nearly covered her hands. The shoes on her feet were solid colored flats that added to the casual air of her look. Taking her in Alastor finally answered her, his face red in embarrassment.
"I-I suppose s-so...ha..." he fumbled awkwardly, griping the fabric of his pants tightly in his fists as he bore holes with his eyes to the ground. Anywhere else but her gaze.

The female demon giggled at his actions, placing a small hand on his tense shoulder.

"I can listen if you want to talk about it." she offered, making him turn to her with an incredulous look in his brown eyes.

"B-But I don't even know you." he said.

"You can know me, if you allow it." she replied back, still smiling at him. Letting go of his shoulder, the demon woman offered the angel a hand to shake.

"I'm (Y/N)."

Alastor looked at (Y/N's) hand and back to her gaze. He shouldn't trust her, his mind screamed at him, while his heart begged him to let her in. He felt his brows knit up as he gave her a kind smile in return, taking her hand in his.
"That's a pretty name. My name is Alastor." he shook her hand firmly, enjoying the soft chuckle that came out of her.

"It's nice to know you Alastor."

The two beings had talked for hours, contemplating what it meant to be divided in heaven and hell, the yearly cleanse, and redemption. He told her about his doubts of the divine plan, and how some things seemed so unfair with how people were deemed worthy or not to go to heaven when they die.

(Y/N) expressed her fear with the angry and dangerous demons she had to deal with on a daily basis down in hell, and how her sanctuary came in this building. Charlie had been so generous to take her in, feed her, and tend to her after being chewed up and spit out by the hellfire outside.

She told him that Charlie really did mean well, and Alastor believed it.

Soon, their conversation became more casual as they talked about music and their family while walking to (Y/N's) hotel room. When they reached their destination, Alastor was hesitant to leave as she opened her room. Turning to face him as she held the door, (Y/N) gave him a bashful smile as a visible tint of pink dusted her pretty cheeks.

"Thank you Al...for letting me talk to you." she thanked him, making Alastor smile so wide.

"The pleasure is all mine. It was so wonderful to have met you..." he trailed off, biting his lip slightly as he thought about his next words.

"W-Will...I be able to talk to you again tomorrow?" he asked her.

He stayed absolutely frozen in place as she smiled again at him, moving out of her doorway to move closer to him. Balancing on the tips of her toes, she gave him a peck on his beige colored cheek. She pulled away now grinning as she nodded.
"You'll always have me for company. Good night, Alastor." (Y/N) calmly went inside and shut her door before he could see her squeal and blush over what she had done.

Alastor places a hand on his now flushed cheeks and chuckled stupidly, replaying the kiss in his mind as he stumbled to his hotel room.

The angel now believed there were demons in hell that could be redeemed, and he prayed to God that they would allow (Y/N) to reach that paradise one day.