In the Cellar

Art Credit: RiplaeChills

WARNING: natural disaster, tragedy, and fear.

NOTE: Hello again readers, it's Michie. I just want to touch base with all of you and again thank you for all the support. I also want to mention that I do not live in an area that is affected by tornadoes and disasters such as that. I lived in that sort of area for a couple of years but my real home is over in the North West where we are trained to deal with earthquakes and potential tsunami warnings. Anyway, this is just my research and interpretation of an experience during a F5 tornado under the Fujita scale.

"A-Alastor??"

"(Y/N), hold on! Don't let go!"

I could barely hear his frantic voice over the howling wind and the terrified screams of other helpless demons. As he held onto me, this was the first time I had ever seen fear on his face.

"It's about to go on top of us!" he yelled out, and squeezed me tighter. The sound was deafening now, and I closed my eyes.

One Hour Prior

There was always terrible winds and disasters plaguing the pentagram. These tragedies would come in the form of quakes, tornadoes, tsunamis, and other natural occurrences. Of course, for the habitants of hell this happened much more frequently than on Earth. This was in part to demons having to suffer for their sins after their initial deaths.

Natural disasters was just another type of our punishment.

On this particular afternoon, the weather in the pentagram has been frequently shifting, and news reports where already on top of the potential of a massive tornado. The guests at the Happy Hotel were minimal, only consisting of myself, Angel Dust, and the staff on duty at the time.

It was the beginning of Charlie's vision of change, and we all were gathered in front of a television set, awaiting the news of our fate. I watched closely at the look on the reporters face. Her smooth skin looked much paler than it usually was, and her red eyes looked dull.

Reported touchdown.

That was when demons began to grow panicked. I found myself in a sea of bustling hotel workers. Some where crying, and others were yelling. It had been reported that the tornado would hit the East area, where we were located in about ten or so minutes.

In the commotion I heard Charlie trying desperately to calm everyone. I ran to her and I placed a gentle hand on her shoulder.
"Charlie, we're not safe here. I know where we have to go." I told her. My memory immediately took me to Alastor. He was from the South, he was sure to know about tornadoes and how to stay safe from them.

After I told them my theory, Vaggie was quick to doubt.

"N-No, no way! We can't trust him as it is, how can we trust that we'll be safe with him?" she spoke with reasonable suspicion, but deep down I knew if we were with Alastor we would be okay.

"Vaggie, what else can we do? No where else is safe and it's heading straight for us. Alastor's home is away from it at least for a while and he may have protection."

"MAY have protection? You're putting us in danger over a possibility?"

I grit my teeth, feeling my patience run a tad thin.