Patience

Art Credit: unknown (please let me know if you find this artist!)

NOTE: wow, it's been a while since I've last written on this story. To commemorate the upcoming premiere of Hazbin, here's a cute fanfiction hehe. Also, if you don't like this song sorry like it so....

This Town - Niall Horan

"Ooooh!!!"

Alastor felt his ears perk up immediately hearing (Y/N) groan in frustration.

Navigating his way through nicely lit corridors and occasionally poking his head in room to room, he finally found his princess curled up in a ball on the floor. She was covered by a blanket apart from her arms and face and she was staring very angrily—

and cutely

at her mobile device.

"(Y/N) dear..." he cooed gently, rolling up the sleeves of his dress shirt up to his elbows as he squatted down
beside her. The coat Alastor usually always wore was at the dry cleaners after a thorough usage and this was one of the days he was able to relax and enjoy his afterlife with his lover.

The small demon huffed, sitting up causing her blanket to slip off her form. Saying nothing, the female set her phone down and cuddled into Alastor's torso, giving him a tight squeeze. He grunted softly from the strength but easily hugged back, admiring the radiating warmth coming from her. She had probably been hiding in that blanket for quite some time which caused her body to be much warmer than usual. As Alastor's body was unnaturally cold, he always loved (Y/N's) affectionate and gentle hugs and touches.

A touch that was only given to him.

Alastor rubbed (Y/N's) back in soothing circular motions as he held her. Knowing very well that it would take her a moment before she'd come clean about her issue, the tall demon just waited patiently for his little darling.

Just like he predicted, it had taken her a moment before she pulled away from the embrace and looked up to Alastor. She had prominent bags under her pretty (e/c), as if she wasn't sleeping well. Her hair was unkept and she just looked frazzled entirely.

But to the deer demon's confusion,

and mild curiosity,

she also looked very excited.

"Alastor, I've been waiting for a show to premiere for over a year now and it's coming very soon. I can hardly stand it!" she complained, letting out a groan before plopping her forehead on his shoulder. He held back a soft chuckle and smiled wider, rubbing her sides affectionately.

"So this is why you've been so anxious the past few days..." he murmured by her ear, making her huff again.

"You act as if I'm never anxious in the first place."

Alastor had to laugh at that one.

"Alright, fair enough. But can't you spare a little more patience (Y/N)? Focus on other things while you wait for your series." he tried toward her, watching her cute little pout soften. She sighed as he stood first, offering a hand to pull her up. She complied, stretching out her limbs as she looked around.

Her gaze found a window which showed the outside of their lush country home and the female smiled fondly.
"I remember as a girl if I was waiting for something, I would go outside and enjoy the sun and sing to myself. It always helped me."

Alastor grinned wider, leaning down to nuzzle his face onto her own.
"Oh, please sing for me my dear..." he cooed, and she smiled, taking his hand to guide him outside to their backyard.

As the warm air hit her, (Y/N) vaguely remembered the bright blue skies that she took for granted while she was alive. The smell of the rain and the cool breeze. Sucking in a soft breath, the female demon opened her mouth and began to sing—

"Waking up to kiss you and nobody's there
The smell of your perfume still stuck in the air
It's hard

Yesterday I thought I saw your shadow running round
It's funny how things never change in this old town
So far from the stars

And I want to tell you everything

The words I never got to say the first time around

And I remember everything

From when we were the children playing in this fairground

Wish I was there with you now

If the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you

Drive highways and byways to be there with you

Over and over the only truth

Everything comes back to you"

Alastor could only watch as she spun around almost weightlessly. Her dress spun gorgeously around her frame. (Y/N) reached out for his hand and she took it, spinning him around her. Her voice angelic to his ears, he wanted to kiss that beautiful face and show how much she meant to him.

How much he loved her.

Before she could continue her song he stopped spinning with her and pulled her in to a wonderful kiss. She gasped into it, lightheaded from his touch and from spinning.

She had completely forgotten about her show as she
basked in her dreamy like state in her lovers arms.

But that's alright, she wouldn't have to wait for long.

You only have until the 28th until you finally see me for real, my dear. 😈