Hurry Up and Drive (1)

Art Credit: Alszi

WARNING: Vulgar language, suggestive themes, and sadness (good ending though hehe)

NOTE: This is actually long oh jeez so I split it into two chapters!

Alastor was never really one to drive himself. Based on his high status he was usually chauffeured by other trusted demons. Even still, the deer demon had the pleasure of owning beautiful and rarely used cars of his time. Ranging from a classic 1924 Chrysler Model B-70 with a sleek black finish to the Oakland 6-54A and many, many more.

His favorite however was his youngest model, the 1927 Ford Model A with a pretty red paint job.

It was obvious that the man rarely drove himself with the way he looked as he gripped the wheel. (Y/N), his companion on the drive watched quietly amused at how focus he seemed as he watched the road.

His Ford Model A hummed beautifully as it went down a long stretch of road that was in between the deadly nature and plains that inhabited hell. The female demon watched him with a smile and turned to the red sky.

"Alastor, why did you want me to go with you on a drive? If I knew any better I would've thought you'd take Mimzy or Rosie." she murmured, glancing at her reflection on the glass window with her chin resting on her knuckles. Alastor only spared her a quick glance before gluing his eyes back on the road.

"The simple answer to that is I wanted to take you my dear. No Mimzy, no Rosie." Alastor smiled to himself. Truth be told, that was only part of the reason he wanted her to accompany him, another reason was that felt the need to improve her mood. As of late, the dear lady seemed to have fallen in a fit of depression. She rarely ventured out of her hotel room anymore and he hadn't heard her gorgeous singing for weeks now.

Maybe it was a tad selfish, but he was determined to help her out of whatever she was feeling, and it seemed to be working. She was much more smiley and bubbly like he knew her to be.

Alastor himself seemed to relax as the minutes of driving bled into hours, and soon they were laughing and talking about nothing and everything as soft jazz music played from the radio staff that rested on the backseat in his car.

"I was surprised you even took this car out for a spin. You love this like its your baby." (Y/N) giggled, leaning her head back on the headrest and shutting her eyes. Alastor now was driving with his own postured laid back, with one hand on the wheel. Driving for this long and with a calm presence like (Y/N) made driving much easier.

"Yes, well I knew you liked the car too. I didn't just want to take out any car." he replied.

"I do like this car, Al. Thank you for taking me on this drive with you, I needed this."

Her words made his black heart thump a mile a minute and he could feel his cheeks burn. A simple thank you and he was as flustered as a school boy.

Being the feared Radio Demon, he found himself pushing away the concept of romance with another being and believed it was merely child's play. Apart of him felt insecure at the fact other demons may find him soft if he had a partner he could hold, and kiss—

and love.

Could the Radio Demon even love?

Did he deserve it? After all the things he'd done in his past?

"Alastor."

He wanted to believe he did.

"A-Alastor."

He wanted to love her and have her love him back.

"ALASTOR!"

He bit back a yell when he finally noticed the large diesel that was beside the car swerve on his lane. The deer demon slammed hard on the brakes, barely noticing the small and slightly damp hand of (Y/N) that was gripping tight on his shoulder. The poor darling was gasping for breath, holding her chest with her other hand. The massive truck rolled back on its own lane as Alastor puttered his way to the side of the road.

He feared no man.

But that scared him so badly he thought his heart fell out of his ass.

(Y/N) still held onto his arm even though she was shaking, and he turned to her concerned.
"(Y/N)....(Y/N) darling are you alright?" he hoped she was otherwise okay other than being a little shaken by their near accident. After taking another breath she looked more calm as she glared at the truck that was slowly disappearing by the distance.

"I hope that asshole gets pulled over. He almost hit us!" she frowned wide, very cutely mind you. Her arms were crossed over her chest, and even past this scare Alastor let out a relieved and entertained laugh.
"Yes, he most certainly did. That actually scared me."

"Ohh, scared you? That's a first." she teased, poking his arm with a finger. Alastair reached and stopped her from pulling her hand away, only to lock his fingers with her own. Her shining orbs of (e/c) met his fiery red ones. If she didn't know any better, he seemed to look at her with...need.

"A-Al?"

"Are you okay?" (Y/N) watched him expectantly for an answer, and for a moment Alastor began to think to himself:

What was the real reason he took (Y/N) on this drive?

"(Y/N)...I," Alastor couldn't form his words properly. Out of all the people he had ever met in his life and afterlife, (Y/N) was the only beautiful soul that can cause him to freeze up like he was now.

It was now or never. He could stop and continue driving, or roll the dice and see what happens next.

"I was scared...because I was worried you were hurt. I don't think I'd be able to handle seeing you injured." he admitted, looking down at his hand as he gently rubbed his thumb against the top of her hand. The smaller demon let out a shocked sound, almost like a scoff, but in no way mocking her taller counterpart. She was still silent in her own mind as he continued to speak.

"You see, I haven't been entirely honest with you. I noticed you've been a little sad lately and I've missed you and your smile. It's boring without you brightening my day." he spoke, noticing her scooting a tad closer to him. He moved closer as well, swallowing a hard lump in his throat.
"I thought a change in scenery may help you. I..." for once in his life in a very long time, he could feel his confidence die. The last time he felt this way was when he was a child under the hands of his terrible and abusive father. By no means was this the same, but in this milestone of a moment he felt helpless before her.

"You're right Alastor...I've been down for a few weeks now," (Y/N) admitted clearly, locking eyes with him after a good moment of thinking of her words carefully. Alastor's fluffy ears stood up attentive, and his eyes glowed bright with interest.

"I've been very self critical, more so than late. I just think I'm not good enough for anything or anyone." He caught a glimpse of the sadness in her eyes and it left a bitter taste on his tongue. He hated the way she felt about herself. In his personal opinion, she was the best and her absolute best when she was happy and loving herself.

Seeing her nearly in tears as she stared at her knees shattered his already crumbling heart.

There was silence, (Y/N) listening to the sound of Alastor's soft breathing, and he listening to the heart clenching sounds of her small sniffles.

He couldn't take it anymore.

Holding her gently, he pulled her in to kiss her lips.