Almost Human

Art Credit: KillerRadioHost

WARNING: Hints to molestation, suggestive themes, insanity and gore.

NOTE: Slang will be in italics and bold and the definitions will be at the bottom for those who want to know. :)

I found a point in my very meaningless life where nearly everything around me apart from my dearest parents and a couple of other souls meant nothing to me. My detachment as a human being happened long, long ago when my humanity was taken from me by someone I used to call friend.

That friend ended up being my first ever murder victim.

Apart from these beginnings I carried on to where I'm at currently.

Alastor, one of my dearest friends who is another lost soul means the world to me. I met him a few or so years after killing my first human. I learned we had much in common. Along the years, I fell in love with Alastor, and he fell in love with me too.

Two lovers, killers at heart.

Against the slow moving world, a world which wasn't made for us.

When we had some of our rendezvous, my dearest and I go "hunting". That's when we have the most fun. It was more entertaining than all the films people bustle about. Killing to us was ducky already on its own.

On one particular outing, it seemed we both bit off more than we can chew. With aggressive policeman, search dogs and lights hot on our tails, Alastor, hand in hand with myself sprinted through the woods. We both were nearly cover head to toe with blood.
"Come on (Y/N)! Hurry!" he called out in the air. The grip he hand on my smaller hand was nice despite the situation we found ourselves in. It made it seem that my love was nearly human.

That I was almost human, too.

I heard a loud shot come from behind. Another. Another. Coming closer by the second.

One bullet managed to clip me on the arm and I let out a yelp, still pushing my legs to run alongside Alastor's longer and thinner legs. He glanced at me for a moment and grimaced. He nearly broke my hand the way he held onto it so tightly.
"No, no, no! We're almost there darling, we're—"

"Stop! Murderer!" a cop suddenly appeared from behind, reaching for my bloodied cloak. Before he could reach me, Alastor pulled me forward, taking the blunt end of the axe he was holding and swung it at the policeman. I heard a loud wack and crunch, and we were back crushing fallen leaves again. The adrenaline bumping in me kept me going, when calm I wouldn't have been able to run for so long and so fast. But I knew that we were both getting tired.

I looked up to Alastor. He was still frantic, but we managed to lose the fuzz.

For now.

We finally stopped, both leaning on old, dark trees trying to gulp in much needed air.
"That was close..." I sucked in a tight breath.

"Too close."

My partner in crime only could nod. His chest still rose and fell heavily but he wasn't breathing so openly. It seemed he was able to catch his breath much quicker than I could. He dropped the axe on the dirt with a dull thud, and turned to look at me. His eyes nearly glowed in the moonlight, and his expression was one I couldn't really read. After I had composed myself from the running, I was able to look up at him with a teasingly smile.
"What's with the face Al...Are you going to gobble me up? Or did the cops actually managed to rattle you this time?" I said playfully, referring to his countless victims of cannibalism.

He took a step toward me, face still blank.

"Something like that."

I wasn't sure where he was going with this but I wasn't afraid. Before I could question him, he took me into his arms and forcefully kissed my lips. He was warm, and smelled of blood and manly musk from running. I wrapped my arms around him and moaned on his lips as he pushed me to a tree, lifting me so I can latch onto his hips with my legs.
"I could barely contain myself...seeing you so primal when you took that shiv to that swine" he growled on the skin of my neck, biting harshly. I suck back a hiss of breath, recollecting on the idiot saps we mutilated earlier. Besides that, I had to keep quiet. The police could be anywhere. If they heard me moan, we'd both be caught.

"A-Alastor..." I gasped, reaching to tug on his sweaty hair and pulling back as hard as I could. His face twisted in pleasure and pain and I could feel his arousal under my thighs.
"(Y/N)..." he breathed my name, necking me again and rubbing his body gently against mine. He explored my curves with his hands and every moment with him here got more and more hot.

Shouting and barking pulled us away from each other, much to our agitation.

"We'll finish this later. We gotta get out of town. Maybe we can go North." Alastor placed me on my feet, as he looked down at me. I leaned in, pecking his lips and smiling.
"I follow you to hell and back." I replied, which earned me an affectionate smile. I rubbed some of the dried blood off his pale cheek before he cupped my face with both his hands.
"To have a pretty thing like you by my side makes my heart swell." he bent down to kiss my nose.
"I love you. You...make me feel human, doll." he snuggled his face into the crook of my neck, and I hugged back. I was overwhelmed with happiness. He felt the very same as I did. I squeezed him tight and laughed, tears in my eyes.

"Oh yes daddy, I love you too bigger than all the sky!" I beamed, kissing him again. We were on the run again.

We were able to get a car and we were headed north in the night. We both didn't know what would come for us in the North but as I took Alastor by the hand as he drove, I felt good. He turned a moment to smile at me and I felt more than certain then that we'd be alright.

1920s Slang!
Ducky: very good
Clip/Clipped: shot
Fuzz: police
Shiv: a knife
Sap(s): a fool, and idiot
Neck/Necking: kissing with passion
Swell: wonderful
Doll: an attractive woman
Daddy: young woman's wealthy boyfriend or lover
Beef: problem/dispute
Dick: private investigator

Extra Ending:

My blurry vision finally cleared, and all I could see was tall red buildings, lights, smoke, and a dark, unholy sky. The last thing I remembered was seeing Alastor get shot by the cops after we'd been cornered up somewhere in Oregon. I had already been shot and had lost a lot of blood.

I remember watching Alastor fall to the ground next to me, staring with dull, dead eyes. He was covered in his own blood, trailing down his chin and all over his torso. As his shaky pale hand took my own weak one, his eyes closed for the last time as a human. Not long after I lost consciousness. That was what happens when a past victims family hires a dick.

But as I looked around in my new surroundings, I took sight to a familiar, yet different face. With sharp, smiling teeth, my Alastor offered me a now light gray hand.
"Why hello again darling." he cooed, pulling me up and to his chest, leaning in to nuzzle against me.

"Oh hello, handsome."

Like I said, I knew in the end we'd be alright.