Our Photos (2)

Art Credit: higaaaaaa

WARNING: Described execution, crying, angst, reuniting!!

NOTE: I chose this last name for you and Alastor based on a website listing the most popular surnames of the 1920s, and I personally felt this last name sounded the best with the name Alastor.

This is a continuation of Our Photos (1), describing what happened in the point of time where Alastor and (Y/N) were separated from each other and what happened when they died! I hope you enjoy and I hope this doesn't confuse you ahhaahhaa—

"—by this formal group of law, and the state of Louisiana, I sentence Mister and Missus Walker, both convicted of multiple counts of murder in the first and second degree, the desecration of multiple victims and their corpses, kidnapping, and ritualistic cannibalism, to death."

It was a sunny and bright Thursday, as noon began to break through time and the sound of the wind blowing through the trees nearby made temporary solace to this fateful day.

"This community has been shaken by both of your ungodly acts, and the families of the victims will never be able to get back what you have taken away from them. The only place you both will belong is in hell. Do either of you have anything to say for yourselves?" The sound of scrutiny in the judges voice was loud and clear to (Y/N's) ears. She did her best to look toward her husband, Alastor, but found it difficult  with the scratchy noose that was tied around her neck. She shifted her weight on the creaky wood she stood on, the ground that with a pull of a lever would kill her and Alastor both.

She heard her husband laugh as she tugged slightly on the ropes that also bounded her hands behind her back.
"Ha! Victims? They weren't victims. They were menaces to the society. We were doing y'all a favor." he growled, the slight Southern twang laced in his voice becoming more prominent the angrier he got.

"A favor?!" One witness called out, making the crowd of onlookers begin to roar with fury.

"That's right," (Y/N) snuck a peek toward her lover who from the corner of her (e/c) eye was smiling wide.

"The men and women we killed were terrible people. They raped, stole, and were complete abominations to the world. My husband and I knew exactly what we were doing when we did what we did. I'm not sorry."

"And neither am I." Alastor added on, watching (Y/N) with gleaming brown eyes. If he was going to die today, right now, he was thankful to have his (Y/N) with him to go to the other side.

The reaction from the crowd made even more commotion as citizens were pushing each other to hurry the execution. Law enforcement scurried to push the crowd back, as the executioner was called to take his place on the stage. (Y/N) could see death beckoning her through the glint in his eyes as he placed a firm grip on the lever.

With a nod to the judge in approval, the hangman grinned at the couple with dirty yellow teeth.

"Any last words?"

Alastor grunted, squeezing his thin wrist and hand out of the ropes as he grabbed (Y/N's) own. He gave it a squeeze, rubbing her skin gently with his thumb.
"(Y/N), darling I love you so much." he told her, not letting go as she let out a sad laugh, smiling.

"I love you too, Al. So, very, mu—"

All they felt next was the pain of their necks being pulled harshly by their weight. The duo killers held hands as long as they could before spots of black clouded their vision, and breath could no longer reach their lungs.

Alastor awoke with a start, the searing pain on his neck gone and now on his back from where he fell. It took a moment before his senses were brought back to him, his vision blurred and his hearing slightly muffled. He laid there for a moment, finding his eyes had cleared, and the commotion around him was nearly deafening.
"(Y/N)..." he mumbled, sliding a hand on the ground, feeling for her warm presence. He dug a fist into the ground and sat up immediately, looking around and finding she was nowhere near her.