Just Like Mother

Art Credit: Funny_ava123 (dude I literally screamed when I saw this omg)

WARNING: Mentions of crying, comfort, grief, confessions and a wHOLE LOTTA FLUFF.

NOTE: I crave more art of Alastor crying. His tears are the nectar of the gods.

(Y/N) could feel a small pep in her step as she carefully balanced a stack of piping fresh beignets on a pretty glass plate in her hands.

Everyday at noon she would visit her dearest friend in the afterlife, Alastor, for tea time and conversation. Getting some help from Mimzy and Charlie, the demon was able to produce these wonderfully made goodies, some filled with chocolate or raspberry filling.

She had made them especially for Alastor, holding a secret fancy for the Radio Demon that was reflected in the fluffy treats she had baked. Being Charlie's respective business associate for the Happy Hotel, Alastor also had a room for his own on property. (Y/N) found that most her time was spent here, listening to retro music, laughing and talking with her favorite deer, and just spending time with someone she cared about.

For years she had swallowed her romantic feelings for Alastor just because he never seemed to be interested in things such as that. Not love, affection, or anything else in between. She could only assume that his affection for her would only stretch out to friendship.

Although her dead heart ached for him still, she also felt that it was much better than not having him at all.

Once at his door, she knocked and then waited.

Her smile faltered when there was no answer. Apart of her already began to worry for his wellbeing, since the red haired demon was always an early riser, and was very quick with his movements. Besides, she would've guessed that his shadow demons would've sensed and alerted him of her presence.

Knocking once more, a little harder this time, she didn't wait too long to try the door knob.

Unlocked.

Chewing on her bottom lip, the female juggled whether or not to come in uninvited or to just come again later. His absence was already very unusual and unlike him, so beyond better judgement (Y/N) opened the door overpowered by the daunting feeling over his person.

The entrance to Alastor's room was his large living area that connected to his kitchen. Looking toward the living room, there was a short hallway that had doors to his office, his bedroom, and a single bathroom. Though the room was very dim inside, (Y/N) couldn't help her (e/c) colored eyes from staring at the heads of animals that were mounted on the walls, and the hunting shotguns that were displayed below it.

Setting the beignets on the kitchen counter, she slowly made her way to the rifles that caught her eye. With nimble fingers she traced her hand on the smooth finish of Alastor's favorite, the Winchester model 54 rifle. This weapon had seen a lot of action in the males hands, and (Y/N) wondered in morbid curiosity who or what fell victim to its power.

She pulled away and began walking toward the bedroom to check if he was in there first. To her disappointment and relief he wasn't there, but his nicely sized bed was all askew and unmade from sleep. (Y/N) smiled at this, thinking about how human it was to be so cluttered at times. Alastor was usually so tidy and kind of a neat freak as well, so along with her soft smile this made her worry even more. He had his bed clothes on the floor and she despite her underlying fear she nearly laughed out loud at how cute this all looked.