Chapter 21

Elvis still was not feeling well with his cramped leg

Elvis still was not feeling well with his cramped leg. I was not taking any chances with his health. I made him a checkup patient at the hospital to get some x-rays done on his poor leg. I hoped he would be feeling better soon so that way we could go on our next date. Elvis was sleeping in that day I was sitting there in Graceland reading a book.

I decided to go check on him. I was worried about him. I head up to his room. I knock on the door. And there was no answer. I knock a second time. No answer. I open the door up. There was Elvis all sprawled out on his bed fast asleep. Drooling a bit on his pillow. I notice it. Over on his nightstand. A bottle of pills! What the hell??

I gasp as I walk over there and yank the bottle off the nightstand. There was an expired bottle of pain pills from his rotten doctor. How had he gotten this? Why had he taken them? For the pain in his leg? Anger burns in me. Here I thought he was doing better. And he wanted to move past all this. How could he?

I sit down on the bed beside him. I shake his shoulders. "Elvis, Elvis wake up! Right now," I demand. "Elvis tell me what you took?" I shake him again. His eyes slowly look up at me.

"Sandrra?" he slurs his words.

"Elvis why did you take this?" I demand to know.

"I found them in my closet. For the pain in my leg is all" he yawns at me.

"Elvis you had told me that you threw away all the pills" I snap angrily at him. "Here you are hiding these from me!" I ramble out.

He glares at me. "You are not my boss Sandra. You are here to care for me. Not boss me around. I can do whatever I damn well please" he snaps back at me. "I don't need a damn babysitter" he mutters.

"Fine. I am not going to stick around and watch you waste your life away" I grumble. "After today I will be quitting" I inform him.

"Sandra no, please do not quit" he begs me.

"Elvis you won't do as I ask. You can't keep living this way! You are destroying yourself" I say. "And I can't be around to watch you do that!" I say as tears come to me. "I care too much to let you!"

"Sandra please I will not take them. I am sorry for what I said. Please please don't go" he begs of me.

I wince. His hand lands on my shoulder.

He scoots closer to me on the bed. "We have a good thing. And I know it. I am sorry" he leans on me. "I had a moment. I admit it, and it had nothing to do with you. Just me okay? I have not been doing this in sometime. When I found them, I should have thrown the pills away. But I was hurting. And I needed them" he admits. "I am sorry"

"Everyone leaves me. Cilla. Ginger. Ava" he grumbles out names of his old flames. "Everyone. Now you"

I sigh. I did not want to leave. But how could I stay? I could not watch him keep doing this.

"Elvis, I did not say I was going to leave. I said I was thinking of leaving. I can't stand to see you this way. You are hurting yourself. Not just you if your fans knew that would hurt them to. They all care about you! You have no idea how much you are loved" I remind him.

"Do you still love me even after seeing me like this?" he asks me softly.

I place my hand on his. "Elvis, I do love you. You can't turn off feelings like at a drop of a hat" I say. "I am worried, but I still love you"

He looks relived. "Please do not leave" he begs me. "Take the pills and throw them out for me. You can even search my whole room. That was the last bottle here" he promises me.

"Really?" I ask him.

He nods.

I was not sure if I believed him. But I wanted to believe him. I lean down and hug him. He wraps his arms around me. Holding me close. We don't say another word. I run my fingers in his hair as I hold him close to me. I kiss the top of his head. I saw something that day. Elvis was used to people not fighting for him. Giving up on him. I think deep down he wanted someone to stick around. For someone to care about him. And not want something from him in return for it.

Elvis needed me. I needed him. I might be a fool for sticking around. But I knew what I was feeling. Love. And I could not leave Elvis. I make him look up at me. He looked scared. And lost. I touch his cheek with my hand. I lean in and kiss him on the lips to give him reassurance. He kisses me back.

"We are going to get your leg looked at. And then get you better. And away from the drugs. You will feel as good as new" I say. "and you will get rest" I add.

"Got it doc" he says with a sleepy smile.

I brush his hair out of his face. I touch his nose with my index finger. "Elvis do not do this again. I can't take it" I remind him.

He nods. "I swear I won't doc. You have my word" he yawns.

He lays his head in my lap. I watch him fall asleep on my lap. I run my fingers in his soft black feathery hair. He was almost childlike he was so lost. I did not know how to fix him. But I had to try to help him. Somehow. I hoped that he would keep his word. I was going to have to check the rest of his room for hidden pills. I could not leave them around for Elvis to depend on. These pills were going to end up running his life. And killing him. There was no way I was going to allow that to happen to Elvis.

♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡

нσρє уσυ αℓℓ єиʝσує∂ тнє cнαρтєя!
мσяє тσ cσмє!
------∂αℓαιиα

• Please vote!!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|