Chapter 13

That dream about Elvis had me all hot and bothered

That dream about Elvis had me all hot and bothered. It was all I could think about. I had to keep away from my boss. For now. I decided to go jogging in the morning without him.

Though we normally met over by the horses to go together in the morning. I hated to take off without him. But I had to regain my thoughts. And what did the dream mean? Was I falling in love with Elvis? Or was it only lust? It had to be lust. I needed a boyfriend was all.

It had been sometime since I had one. I was alone. In a home with a man. That was all that meant. It meant nothing. It was only a dream. What had I eaten that night?

Anything spicy? Spicy food could cause you to have weird dreams to. I was over analyzing everything about this dream. His lips had felt so real on mine. His words spoke hope to my heart. I could not allow for my heart to hope for any of that! He was my boss! Not my boyfriend!

"Sandra! Sandra wait up!"

♡♪♬♪♡

I hear Elvis behind me. I pretend I am too far ahead to hear him. I keep on going. I really did not want to talk to him yet. I begin to jog a little faster. So, he could not really catch up to me.

Maybe he would give up once he saw how far ahead, I was of him. I could only hope. Guilt settled in my heart. How could I do this to Elvis? We always jogged together! I felt so mean about this to. I sigh.

"Wait there! Sandra!" he catches up to me. That surprised me.

He pants then he grabs my arm to stop me. I wait. He rests his hands on his hip. I was impressed he had managed to chase me down like he had. "Elvis you nutty man! What made you chase me down?" I laugh.

"I had to! You took off without me" he says in his defense.

"Sorry boss but you were running late" I tease.

"No, you want to know what I think?" he mentions.

I shrug. "Sure boss" I humor him.

"I think you were jogging without me so you would not have me bring up that dream you had last night" he chuckles.

My face turns a bright red now. "Elvis that is so not the case at all. I was up. And I did not want to wake you" I lie.

"Come off it nurse! You are always harping on my case about waking up early. Setting a good time to be up and go to bed. Blah blah blah. And here you are letting me sleep in? No, it does not add up little lady" he teases.

I am really blushing now. "Come on Elvis no pain no gain! Let's get going" I say. I begin to jog again.

"Are you ever going to tell me about that dream?" he asks me.

"Nope!" I laugh. I shake my head.

"Come on" he begs.

"How about on one condition I will tell you" I say.