Chapter 11

The next week Elvis stayed right on track

The next week Elvis stayed right on track. I had to keep the facts from him. He was dumped. By his fiancé Ginger. The one person he was doing all this for. I wanted to make him see that he was doing this for himself. Not for Ginger.

Today I was checking Elvis vital signs. We had to go over to the hospital to run a few blood tests on him as well. Get blood work done. I was weighing him in his bathroom as I mark things down on his charts that were in my hand.

"How did I do nurse?" he asks me.

I nod then smile. "You are doing well! You slimmed down a couple of pounds Mr. Presley!" I happily announce.

"It's Elvis. I do not need to be reminded how old I am by the formalities" he chuckles.

I smile. "Sorry.... Elvis!" I correct myself.

"Only a couple of pounds?" he grumbles as he looks down at my chart, I was jotting down notes in.

I nod. "Well better than nothing! You are getting there! Shaping your body takes time! And you are sliming down quickly!" I promise him hoping he would keep hope in himself.

"Ginger will be so proud! I will be slimmer by Christmas! And I will look like a million dollars in my tux when it comes time to say I do!" he happily boasts.

My heart sinks. Poor Elvis. "Right. We better get going to the hospital. The guards are ready for us downstairs to head over there and get your blood work done" I change the subject off Ginger.

We head downstairs. Then Elvis opens the car door for me to get in. His driver takes us off in a Dodge car he owned. I could not keep up with all of Elvis cars. His horses. He had many things.

He was very blessed to say the least. I could not afford a car or a home of my own. I hoped one day to at least be able to live on my own and be able to support myself. That was my only goal in my life. Sad really.

♡♪♬♪♡

"What are you thinking about nurse?" he asks me. "You look pretty deep in thought there"

I shrug. "My goals in life really is all that is on my mind"

"Let me guess. You want a family one day. A marriage. A little picket fence and a home?" he jokes.

My face falls. I knew I would never find those things for my life. I never could count on my own family much less create my own family. "No, my goals are to have my own apartment. Live on my own. Not deepened on my friends or my boss. Just me. I want to depended on me" I state to him.

He looks surprised by that. "What? Just to rent an apartment? You do not have any bigger dreams?" he asks me.

I shrug. "Why? That is a big dream for me"

"I was poor myself long time ago. I lived in one bedroom with my mom and my pop. I knew I wanted a better life for my mom. And I did that for her. I dreamt big to get where I am today" he points out.