Chapter 33

I was making some low sugar sweet tea

I was making some low sugar sweet tea. I was craving tea badly for some reason today. I wanted to make home made sun tea like my mother used to make. It was a southern thing for certain.

I mixed up the tea well then set it by the pool in the backyard to sit in the sun. Then I was making some chicken salad sandwiches. For a healthy lunch. I also chopped up celery sticks fine and added little carrots to dip in ranch dressing with our lunch.

Elvis was out with friends. He was running a little late for lunch. But he would be back any moment now. After the celebration Lisa had stayed with us for a few days. She was heading back with Cilla today. I started to miss the cute little girl when she was gone.

I understood how it felt now for Elvis. That deep ache inside never went away. My stomach growls at me as I wait to eat with Elvis. He better hurry or I was going to eat without the man.

I planned to paint some today. I was going to sit outside and do a painting for the barn. Of Elvis favorite horse. I wanted it to be for guests when they came to the barn. To spruce it up around here. Elvis had some beautiful horses. I could sit outside in the sun watch the horses play in the yard and paint away.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Sandra!" calls out Elvis's buddy Joe.

"Hey?" I answer.

"Sandra!" he yells louder.

"Kitchen!" I answer.

"Come here!!" he yells.

Something was off I could feel it. Elvis. My heart races as I meet Joe in the living room area. He looked out of breath. I grab my medical bag that was in the living room. In case I needed it.

"What is it? Elvis?'l I demand to know.

Joe nods as he looks worried. "We went to karate class. He was doing fine. He was hot and then was out of breath. He is sweating something awful and shortness of breath" worries Joe.

I follow him to Elvis's car. I spot Elvis sitting in the back seat of his Dodge Charger. I rush to his side.

"E, what is it?" I softly ask.

I check his pulse. It was racing. He was sweating. He was hot. It was a warm day out today. Maybe he was over heated.

♡♪♬♪♡

"The heat is getting to me" he admits.

"Come on let's get you inside" I demand.

I let him lean on my shoulder to get out of the car. Then I help lead him inside. We walk upstairs to his room. He had been fine. Not having an issues. I wonder what was causing this to happen to him? 

I help him lay across the bed. I help him take his shirt off so he could cool down. He strips down to his boxers. I grab a cool wash cloth in the bathroom then come place it on his forehead.