Chapter 18

I was going to actually have my first date with Elvis behind closed doors

I was going to actually have my first date with Elvis behind closed doors. Tonight. After Lisa was in bed. Elvis said he had something special planned for us. He had told me if he even tried to take me out on a real date than he was going to be mobbed by a ton of fans.

I could understand that. I loved being at Graceland. I did feel a little enclosed here. Trapped. But I knew this place was his place to get away from the outside world. The more I got to know Elvis the more I understood him.

I tried to dress up for Elvis. I did my hair and my make up for him. He had already saw me in every outfit I owned. I had no time to go shopping like Ginger Alden had.

But I could not keep comparing myself to Ginger. I was not Ginger. I was Sandra. And Elvis wanted to be with Sandra. Not with Ginger. She had her chance. Now it was my chance. And I was going to take it!

I glance in the mirror one more time before our date began for the night. Would he like what he saw? I saw someone very plain. Someone very unsure of herself. I wished I oozed half the confidence that Ginger and the other starlet's had that went out with Elvis. I was me. Sandra. Little miss nobody. Someone knocks on the door. I glance to see Elvis checking me out.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Hi" he says softly.

"Hey!" I breathlessly answer.

"Are you ready?" he asks me.

I nod. "Yes, I am"

"Great! I am tucking Lisa into bed. I will be right down" he explains to me.

"Alright" I say.

"Meet me out in the back yard please" he demands.

"Alright" I answer nervously.

He smiles then heads out. His head pops back in my room. "By the way you look beautiful tonight"

"Thank you" I say happily. He winks before heading out of there.

♡♪♬♪♡

I head out of there. Going through the house outdoors. When I get outside, I could not believe my very eyes. There were lights strung all around the top. Draping down around the trees. Lighting up the back yard.

There was a table. And it was set up for a lovely dinner. Candle lit dinner. There was a fancy dressed up waiter whom lead me to the table there. He pulls out a chair for me to sit down in. A live band plays music near the entrance.

"Wow, Elvis" I mutter as I can't help but smile. I notice the band was playing an instrumental version of "I Can't Help Falling In Love" My heart was melting as I wait there for Elvis to join me for the date. The waiter pours me a glass of wine. I nod then thank him.

"Wise men say, only fools rush in, but I can't help falling in love with you" I hear him start singing with the band. I turn to see Elvis all dressed up standing by the band. I gasp. He wanders to my side with a huge smile on his face. "Like the river flows. Surly to the sea. Darling so it goes our love is meant to be" he croons to me making my heart melt.

He leans in stealing a kiss from my lips when the song ends. "Sorry I was running a little late" he tells me.

♡♪♬♪♡

He sits down at the table with me.

"What a way to enter" I giggle.

"I am glad you liked that" he says with a smile.

We soon begin to have dinner. Elvis tells me that we are having a three-course dinner. That was like dining at a five-star restaurant. I felt so fancy. We had a salad. With ranch dressing. Then we had a fancy tomato brisk soup. And dinner. A chicken souffle. It was so yummy. I felt so full. I was stuffed. After the band played for us. Elvis wanted to dance under the stars with me.

I wanted that as well.

Elvis hums as he whirls me around in his embrace. His eyes rest on me. Making my heart race faster and faster. He smiles at me. I can't help but smile back. And wonder what is on his mind. Me? Or Ginger? Was he thinking of her still? Was it really over with them? Or would I be out of the picture as they race to the altar?

♡♪♬♪♡

"What is on your mind? You look deep in thought there" he says to me.

"Nothing at all!" I say softly lying and shaking my head.

"Come on tell me" he demands to know.

"Daddy I could not sleep" someone speaks up.

There stands a little Lisa in her night gown.

"Why not Yesia?" Elvis asks as he makes his way over to her side.

"You had promised to dance with me and the band before I went to bed" she mutters unhappily. "I love to dance. One dance then I will go to bed" she begs.

"Sorry do you mind?" he asks me apologetically.

"Go right ahead. After all a promise is a promise" I say as I smile at Lisa.

Elvis has Lisa stand on his feet. They dance. She giggles as he whirls her around on his feet. Soon he tires her out. He cradles her in his embrace. He was so good with her. You could see the love between these two. I loved seeing this. It was a special bond.

"I better get this sleepy head in bed" Elvis says. "I will be back" he promises me as he carries Lisa out of there and into the house.

♡♪♬♪♡

I sigh as I sip some more wine. It was getting late. Elvis was busy. Maybe I should head to bed to. It was a nice night. I had a good time. That was that. I went on a date with Elvis.

Not many women could say, that right? I kind of wished for more. But it was what it was. I lean over and blow out the candle for the night. I get up and get ready to wish the band a good night before I head to bed myself.

"Where do you think you are going?" I hear him say.

I turn around to face him. He is smiling at me. He pulls me in his arms.

"Thanks for waiting for me" he whispers to me.

I nod.

"Thank you for a lovely night" I manage to say finally finding my words.

"The night is just getting started sweetheart" he whispers to me.

He touches my cheek with his hand. He looks down at my lips. I tingle inside with anticipation. His lips fall to mine. My eyes close as our lips meet. My hands steal around his neck as he pulls my body close to his. I melt in his arms. God he was a great kisser. Oh, what a night....

♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡

нσρє уσυ αℓℓ єиʝσує∂ тнє cнαρтєя!
мσяє тσ cσмє!
------∂αℓαιиα

• Please vote!!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|