Chapter 36

Lisa Marie's surgery went really well

Lisa Marie's surgery went really well. The next day Elvis and I met them at the local children's hospital.

We had the guards with us so Elvis would not get mobbed when he showed up for his daughter. We rushed past the cameras and went right to his daughter's room. Lisa looked so small and frail laying there in bed.

She did well. She was a little groggy. She was wanting Elvis and Cilla. She also wanted Vernon. Who called her room for her and sent her flowers from home.

Elvis was going to try to see if Vernon would fly here for his granddaughter. Lisa fell back asleep as I talked with Elvis and Cilla.

♡♪♬♪♡

"She did so well. I am proud of her. She wants to go home" sighs Cilla.

"She will be able to soon enough" says Elvis.

"No, she wants to go home to Graceland to rest" mentions Cilla. "she requested to go home with you. Is that alright?" she asks us. "I would like to go to"

"That is fine. And you can stay in a guest room" offers Elvis.

"That would be wonderful thank you Elvis" Cilla says gratefully.

"Do you mind doc?" worries Elvis as he places an arm around the middle of my waist.

"I do not mind this is your family. You have to do what is best for Lisa and that is what matters" I softly answer him.

He kisses me on the cheek. "You are the best doc" he says as he looks into my eyes.

"You are a sweet kind caring man. Elvis you are the best father" I remind him as I touch his cheek with my hand.

Lisa Maire woke up. Cilla told her we were all going home to Graceland as she asked to go. Lisa looked very happy to hear that. The day was long and soon Lisa would be out of the hospital. Cilla stayed with her overnight there in the room as Elvis and I went back to the house for the night.

Then the next day we were all going to fly back to Graceland. I began to pack my things up. And Elvis as well. He would not think of things like that right now. I was tired. I did not get much rest. Elvis was up and down in the night the day before too.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Doc what are you doing now?" Elvis wonders as he comes into the room.

"I am packing so we are ready to go back home" I explain to him.

"You are perfect wife material" he teases me. He hugs me tightly.

"I am huh?" I giggle.

"Thank you for being so understanding. I know it will be awkward having Cilla at Graceland for the next few days" he tells me. "but she will not be there for to long" he promises me.