Chapter 17

Elvis and I had not begun to have a chance to talk about the kiss

Elvis and I had not begun to have a chance to talk about the kiss. Or what was going on between the two of us. Lisa Maire had all his time right now. For the moment. That was fine by me.

Did I really want a relationship with Elvis? I mean he was so famous. He had been with so many other women. I was a little nobody. I would be in the spotlight if I chose to be with Elvis. My private life would not be private anymore!

Early that morning I went out jogging. Elvis had not been going this week. He had been busy with Lisa Marie, so I cut him some slack on that.

Lisa Marie was sitting on the steps there in the hallway at Graceland when I come in. She was brushing her hair with a hairbrush. It looked like she was trying her hardest to braid her hair. But was failing at it.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Dang it" she mutters.

"What is going on?" I ask her.

"I can't braid my hair. Mommy always does it for me back home and daddy does not know how" she pouts.

"May I help?" I offer to her.

She hands me her hairbrush and little hair ribbons. I sit behind her on the stairs. And brush out all the knots in her hair first. Then I braid her hair for her. And add the fancy ribbon to it. I hand her the mirror beside her she had laying there.

"Do you like it?" I ask her.

She nods. "Thanks!" she says to me.

"No problem" I tell her.

The doorbell rings. Mary answers the door. In comes Ginger. Why was she there? Was she back with Elvis? Was that why Elvis was not joining me on his morning walks this week? My heart sinks when I see her come in the place. Like she owned it. Lisa Marie's cute little face lights up with she spots Ginger come in.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Ginger!" she calls out. She hugs Ginger hello. I come down to greet her.

I might as well find out what was going on here.

Ginger hugs Lisa Marie. "I told you kiddo I would come, and I did"

"What are you doing here?" I ask her.

"Last time Lisa was here I promised her that I would take her shopping. She called me yesterday. I agreed to come over" says Ginger. "That is all. Elvis said it was alright"

My heart sinks hearing that. They were friends?? "Oh okay" I mutter softly.

"Are you ready to go shopping?" Ginger asks Lisa Marie.

"Hang on! Daddy is giving me money" says Lisa.

She rushes up to get her father. He had been in his den working up there.