Chapter 6

I made some progress with Elvis

I made some progress with Elvis. I was really thrilled about that. I got it that he did not hate me. And he had not wanted me there. But it was progress. We were going to be working together. I was going to be monitoring his health.

He was going to listen to me. He was hoping to work things out with Ginger in the meantime and get her back at Graceland. I hoped he would focus more on him right now.

And getting him off these pills. That was my main concern. I had never helped anyone with a drug habit before. I understood why Elvis did not want to get placed in a hospital because this news might leak out to the press and that would be really bad for him.

I got him to change his eating habits. I addressed the pills. He had tossed them out. He had to get on a good sleep habit to. I noticed he always was up at night.

Then was awake by noon or later. Those were not good habits to keep up with either. I had all kinds of notes on Elvis. And how he could change for the better. If he wanted to change. That was going to be the hard part. Getting the change. I knew he could do whatever he put his mind to do. But getting him there. That was going to be the hard part of all this.

♡♪♬♪♡

"I got up as soon as I could" Elvis yawns that afternoon. It was around two pm.

"Elvis this is not early" I laugh. "I have been waiting around all day. I had my lunch just now. The best ham sandwich ever" I add. I toss a potato chip into my mouth. I was seated at his table in the dining room. Vernon had joined me for lunch, but he left and went back to his office to work.

Elvis yawns then sets down at the table beside me. "I set my alarm. But I did not hear it. I had a splitting headache last night. And I tossed and turned" he mutters.

"Side effects from being off those pills. You are off schedule and now you have to get used to a new life. But you need to keep trying" I beg him. "You have done so much better yesterday. It will really take time" I promise him.

"Promise me something" he begs me.

"Go ahead!" I say.

"Please tell Ginger that I am doing everything that I possibly can. For her. I am changing for her" he says with a serious look in his eyes.

"Elvis the most important person to change for is yourself. It is noble to want to change for Ginger. But she is right that you should change. For you" I point out sternly.

He nods. "I will try. I really miss her right now" he admits.

"I know you do. But try to focus on you" I beg him.

"Then she will come back around. I mean she did not break up with me yet" he mutters.

"Can I ask you something? It is a bit personal" I begin.