Chapter 16

"That's just my nurse, her name is Sandra McCall

"That's just my nurse, her name is Sandra McCall. Miss. McCall won't bother us!" his words rang in my head all day long. Just his nurse? That arrogant asshole! I had been tricked into going to his concert. I was tricked into kissing him.

Then he has the nerve to treat me this way in front of family? I was nothing more than his nurse? I fume inside. It was in the afternoon now. Time for our jog. I did not feel like waiting around for Elvis to go jogging with.

He could go jogging by himself for all I cared. He was busy with Lisa Marie being there anyway. I do my stretches out on the Graceland porch. Ready for action. I feel a pair of curious eyes on me. I glance over to see little Lisa Marie there watching me. She comes outside with a rootbeer in her hand. I tie my right shoe that had come undone.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Hi there!" I say to Lisa Marie. She was adorable. She looked so much like her daddy.

She smiles shyly at me. "Your dad's nurse?"

"Yes, I am" I tell her.

"Where is Miss Ginger?" she wonders.

Awkward.

"I really don't know. You will have to ask your father about Miss Ginger" I say apologetically.

"Yesia! There you are! Go ahead and play on your golf cart. I will be with you later. We will go horse back riding. I am going on a run with Miss McCall" Elvis says as he joins us on the porch. He hands Lisa Marie a set of keys.

"She drives? She is a little young" I remark.

"She has her own golf cart. She drives. I taught her" Elvis explains.

"Wow" I say to Lisa. "Impressive"

Elvis was going on a jog with me?
Hell no.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Elvis I am going solo on this jog. See ya!" I take off without looking back.

I had enough of Elvis Presley for the afternoon. I did not want to spend my time jogging with him. He angered me today. I nearly quit again. Hopefully Elvis would not need a nurse. And I could go back to my old life over at the hospital. Where I belonged. Elvis did not need me. I was just a nurse. Nothing more. Nothing less.

"Sandra! Sandra wait up!" he calls after me. I pretend not to hear him. I keep on going.

He grabs me by the arm. "Sandra we were supposed to go jogging together" he puffs out as he stops me finally. I glare at him.

"Sorry Mr. Presley. I did not want to bother you. Seeing as I am just the nurse and all" I snap at him.

"I hurt your feelings. I am sorry" he announces.

"Not accepted!" I say as I begin to jog away.

He stops me again. "Come on Sandra! Do not be like that!" he pleads.

"You tricked me into attending a concert so everyone would think I was your girl. Then you get me to kiss you, then you later insult me by stating she is only the nurse. No thanks. I am not accepting your apology Mr. Presley" I sternly say.

♡♪♬♪♡

I go to try to jog away.

It felt good to say it. Say how I was feeling. The anger that settled in my stomach.

"I think I know what this is all about" he says with a smirk.

"What that you're a jerk? You only think of yourself?" I state.

Suddenly he pulls me in his arms. His lips crash to mine. I am surprised then my lips give into his kiss. I melt into his body. He knew how to kiss. Weakly I give in. I did not fight the kiss off. I should be. But I wanted it.

Finally, I come to my senses.
I pull away from his body.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Elvis what the hell?" I snap at him.

"I figured you wanted to do that again! Get the sexual tension out of the way!" he jokes.

"Jack ass!" I angrily retort.

"Sandra wait!" he sighs.

"Why?" I say as I face away from him.

"I was angered when I said you were just my nurse. You were the one angered at me about the kiss. When all I could think of was kissing you again! You don't want me. I get that. Message clear" he sighs. "I won't bother you again" he grumbles.

"Elvis what the hell? What are you saying?" I ask feeling stunned.

"I have feelings for you Sandra. I have for some time now. They snuck up on me. But I get it. You don't feel the same way. I won't bother you again" he tells me.

He goes to leave. I grab his arm. "Elvis, I had no idea. And I would like to see where this leads us" I say. "But can we take things slow? You just got out of a serious relationship" I add. "you move a little fast for me" I admit. "I am not used to that"

"I get that. I am used to girls flinging themselves at me. You have been a challenge for me Sandra. We can take things slow. Get to know each other" he agrees.

We smile at one another.

"Daddy want to go horse back riding?" Lisa Marie calls out running our moment.

She drives over on her cart joining us.

"Sure sweetheart" Elvis agrees. "Be right there" he tells her.

"Go on ahead" I tell Elvis.

"Are we good?" he worries. "I am sorry"

"We can talk about this later" I agree.

He nods. "Thanks" he tells me.

He heads out on his way with Lisa in the golf cart. He glances back and smiles at me. I could still feel his kiss on my lips. He was interested. In me? That was what all the bickering was about? He could not get my attention.

Little did he know he always had my attention. He was Elvis after all. My heart raced with newfound hope. Thoughts of what might come to be between us later on. Elvis was interested in me! Elvis Presley. That made me happy. For now. No telling when my heart would be stomped on again. I had to play it cool.

♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡

нσρє уσυ αℓℓ єиʝσує∂ тнє cнαρтєя!
мσяє тσ cσмє!
------∂αℓαιиα

• Please vote!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|