Chapter 10

I was working out a plan for Elvis

I was working out a plan for Elvis. A little schedule. I was not sure if he would even be able or want to follow it. But if he had goals to do, something to work on himself then he might have more of a reason to actually doing them.

I add in little quotes for Elvis to on every little page to help brighten his day. The phone rings. I had to go and answer it. No maids around. No cooks around. So, I reach over and grab the phone.

"Graceland, home of Elvis Presley" I answer.

I place the phone up better to my ear so I would hear the person on the other end. "Sandra?"

"Ginger! Hi!" I answer. I knew who was on the other end. "Elvis is up. Want me to go get him?" I offer.

"No, I actually was hoping not to talk to him right now" she mutters.

"Something wrong?" I ask her.

She sighs. "There is. How well is Elvis's progress doing right now?" she questions me.

I smile. "Well he is really going through with the plan. He is doing so well" I praise him.

She is quiet. "That is wonderful. Can you give him a message for me?" she wonders.

I wondered where this was going? "Sure, I can. What is it?"

"I sort of.... sort of...met someone" she blurts out.

I feel a dread of shock wash through me. "What are you saying?"

"I met someone" she repeats herself again. "It just happened. I did not mean for it to happen. But it happened. And I am happy. When I was with Elvis at times, he made me happy. We have had many good times. He was what I thought was what I wanted. But he is ten times older than me. We really have nothing in common you know? This guy I met at my father's army base is my age. And we have so much in common. And Matthew makes me so happy!" she brags. "He has his own place. He wants to own a farm when he is done with the army training" rambles on Ginger.

"Ginger what about Elvis? This is going to crush him" I warn her.

Elvis was going to get pissed. All training we worked for would be thrown out the door. And he hated me. He was going to be sure to toss me out on my ass. And I was going to be out of a job.

Just like that. All because Ginger met someone new. Elvis was going to be so devastated. He already took it so hard when she left. Now how was I supposed to give him the news that his fiancé was leaving him for someone else? My heart broke a little right there for him.

"That was why I was calling. I was hoping if he was well enough that he could take the news. I want to break things off with him" she says softly. "I want to be his friend maybe one day. But this is not what I want. And Matthew and I are moving forward with our lives"

I sigh. Elvis comes in the room. He looks all cheerful. My face falls. I did not want him to know Ginger was on the phone. He did not need her news right now. He would have a setback. I had a bad feeling about this. I had to put this off a bit longer.